-4-

"Rise and shine, Heather!" I hear someone call. It sounds like a man which is weird because it didn't sound like Jay. When I open my eyes I remember. It's not Jay and I'm not at home. I'm stuck in an insane asylum because of my mother. Jay is dead.

"Heather," officer Bailey says again.

"What?" I snap.

"Time for group therapy. You can brush your hair before we go if you want," he tells me.

"Do you have a brush?" I ask.

"No I thought you might've brought one," he responds.

"No the police dragged me from my house too fast," I say rolling my eyes and getting out of my gross bed. I put the weird shoes on that they make me wear and leave the cell. Officer Bailey yanks my arm and pulls me in front of him.

As we are walking to Dr. Hemmings room we hear a loud high pitched scream coming from a nearby patient.

"Shit," I mumble caught off guard.

"No cussing," officer Bailey says.

"What?"

"You heard me. No cussing. That's strike one. After 3 strikes you get 10 lashes."

"10 lashes? As in whipped 10 times??"

"Yes. We have a no cussing policy here at Briarville."

"Why?"

"Because I guess cussing just gets some of the patients worked up. That Ashton Irwin gets whipped a lot for cussing I'll tell you what. He's a bad kid."

I scoff and stop the conversation there. I don't like him talking about Ashton like that because I feel like he can be a nice guy. And I know officer Bailey is just jealous because he's basically a pervert.

We arrive at the end of the long hallway to Dr. Hemmings office and he knocks on the door.

"Come in," I hear the Dr. answer.

"Dr. Hemmings, Heather is here for her group therapy," Officer Bailey says sounding kind of nervous which is odd.

"Wonderful," I hear Dr. Hemmings clap his hands together, "send her in!"

Office Bailey smiles at me and opens the door for me to be able to get inside the room. I walk in and he shuts the door. I'm the first one there.

"Heather!" Dr. Hemmings exclaims, "wonderful to see you again!"

"Oh you too, Dr." I say back kinda surprised by his excitement.

"Oh please. I've already told you, call me Luke!" He says smiling. I nod my head and take a chair. Today they are arranged in a circle.

Neither of us speak as Luke taps his pencil on his desk as he reads through some paper work.

"Are the others usually this late?" I ask breaking the silence.

"Most of the time, yes," he giggles and goes back to reading.

After what feels like forever I hear a voice outside the door. "I don't want to have therapy today!" The voice yells.

"Oh my," Luke says as he runs his fingers through his blonde hair.

"YOU CANT MAKE ME!!!!!!" The voice yells and that's when I realize whose it is. Ashton's.

"Mr. Irwin you can't skip therapy you know this. Do you want to be punished?" His officer asks him.

"What's the punishment this time?" He asks back, tempting him.