-9-

Sorry this chapter sucks.

*HEATHER'S POV*

I hadn't talked to Ashton for a week. I saw him around the institution but he didn't sit with us at lunch or talk to any of us. Michael said he would talk to them when I wasn't around, which worried me. Luckily today was group therapy so he would have to talk to me, right?

As Officer Bailey pulled me from my room and down to Luke's office, I began to feel nervous and I didn't know why. Why did I care so much if Ashton talked to me or not? I shouldn't care about Ashton at all. He's just some crazy guy held up in this institution.

As I walk into Luke's office I'm the last one there. I go in and take a seat on the end next to Michael. Ashton is on the other end next to Calum.

"Nice of you to join us, Heather," Calum says to me as I walk in and sit down.

"Michael we will start with you. How are you feeling today?" Luke asks Michael.

"Uhm fine I guess. I'm just tired. I couldn't sleep last night and when I did I had a nightmare again," he looks down at his hands that are clasped in his lap.

"Can you explain the nightmare?" Luke asks.

"Uh yeah it was just like all the others. I walk into her house and see her getting murdered. I can't seem to shake the image. Ever," he puts his head in his hands, "it's always so vivid in my mind. I miss her so much sometimes I just," he gets chocked up and stops talking.

"Have you been cutting anymore, Michael?"

"Yes. I have. I did this morning. I just can't take it sometimes!!"

"It's ok Michael. Have you been taking your pills? I know sometimes you like to toss them under your bed and not take them."

"Yes I've been taking them everyday. It's just getting really bad again and I don't know why. Can we stop talking about this now?"

"Yes that's fine. Calum how are you doing?" Luke asks.

"I'm doing great," he says a little too happy.

"Alright. Have you been having any anxiety?" Luke asks scribbling something down in his book.

"Nope," Calum says, popping the P.

"Ok. It seems you're getting better. Have you had any urges to, uh, hurt anyone?"

"Haha yeah. I have. But I just push them to the back of my mind."

"Oh alright. Ok on to Ashton," Luke says and Ashton's name makes me tense up.

"How are you feeling Ashton?" He asks but Ashton doesn't respond. He just stares straight ahead.

I lean over to Michael, "why isn't he responding?"

"He does this. It's part of what's wrong with him. He will just zone out and no one will be able to get his attention. It's like his brain is just turned off or something. It's actually very strange. Luke can't figure out what's wrong so he usually just waits until he stops."

"Oh that is strange," I say leaning back in my chair.

"Heather," Luke says harshly.

"What?"

"Stand up and come talk to Ashton," he says firmly.

"Uhm why? He's obviously not going to be able to hear me," I say rolling my eyes.

"Just do it ok? I know what I'm doing."

I shrug my shoulders and get up, walking over to Ashton. I stand in front of his chair and look down at him. His eyes are at the level with my belly button.

"Ashton," I say waving my hand in front of his eyes. Nothing.

"Hello? Ashton? Anybody in there?" I say waving some more.

"Touch him," Luke tells me.

"Touch him?" I ask confused.

"Yeah. Like his shoulder or something. Just trust me Heather please," he begs.

"I don't get why she has to do this," Calum says.

"Yeah me either. It's not going to help, Luke.  Nothing has before," Michael adds on.

"Would you guys just believe me?! Do any of you have a PHD in psychology??? No. You don't. So please just listen to me. I went to school for this I know what I'm doing!" Luke says raising his voice.

"Alright geesh," I say turning back to Ashton.

"Ashton?" I say as I put my hand on his shoulder, but nothing happens.

"Ashton? It's Heather," I say as I push the hair off of his face that has fallen down.

He still doesn't flinch so I turn to look to Luke. "Try one more time. Please Heather," he says practically begging again.

This time I get down on my knees so my eyes are at his level and I stare into them. "Ashton please," I say as I put my hands on both sides of his cheeks and he blinks looking up.

"Heather?" He gasps as he takes my wrists in his hands and I flinch.

"Oh my gosh," I hear Calum gasp as mine and Ashton's eye contact never stops.

He releases his grip from my wrists and runs his fingers through his hair.

He turns to look at Calum and Michael, "get up move down a seat," he says to them. They listen and move down a seat and Ashton pats the empty seat next to him and I sit on it.

"So, Ashton," Luke begins, "you zoned out again."

"Yeah. I did." He states.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks turning a few pages in his notebook.

"Actually," he pauses looking at me, "yeah I do."

Luke's mouth falls open and he scrambles to get a pen, ready to write down what Ashton has to say.

"Go ahead and begin whenever your ready!" Luke says.

Ashton nods his head and takes a deep breath. I feel a hand on mine and I look down to see that it's Ashton's hand. He turns my hand over and laces our fingers together which surprises me. It gives me butterflies in my stomach.

"Ashton."  Luke says sternly.

"Luke." Ashton responds.

"Calum!" Michael says.

"What dipshit?" Calum says.

"Oh I thought we were just doing that thing where you say random peoples names who are in the room with you. My bad," Michael says putting his hands up and I giggle.

"Ashton you can't do that," Luke says.

"Why not?"

"Because you know the rules."

"You've never followed them before!!!!" Ashton says raising his voice.

"I guess that is true. Ok fine whatever. Just tell me what you were going to."

Ashton takes a deep breathe and begins to talk.

---

Comment, vote and tell your friends to read please ! Love you all !