-27-

*there will be a lot of POV changes in this chapter bc the story is coming to a close soon so just watch who's POV it is. Also have the song Everything is Lost by Maggie Eckford pulled up and ready to play when I tell u so u cry ok bye*

*MICHAEL'S POV*

I run out of the court house and make my way to Heather's house. I bump into a few people, mumbling small 'sorries' as run to her house.

I arrive to her small neighborhood, forgetting which house is hers, I go up to a random door and knock.

"Hello?" An old man asks.

"Hi sir, sorry to bother you but which house is Heather Smiths?" I ask the man.

"It's 3 doors down. But she isn't living there right now."

"I know! She wanted me to pick something up for her. Thank you so much!" I tell the kind man as I run off to Heather's house.

When I arrive at her door I check under the mat for the key. No luck. Next I check above the door like she told me to. Bingo! There it was. I grab it and shove it in the door, pushing it open.

I run up the stairs to Heather's mom's 'cellar' to find the lock on the floor. I push open the door not believing what was behind it.

---

*ASHTONS POV*

I lay face down on my bed, half asleep, thinking of Heather. I hope she's doing ok. I'm really worried about her.

"Irwin!" I hear being called from outside my cell.

"What?" I call bad, still face down on my bed.

"Get up your going to the trail," I bolt my head up and strain my neck to see Officer Bailey holding a suit in his hands.

I jump off my bed and run over to him. "Are to you serious?" I ask, "why?! What happened??"

"Michael had to go check out her house so we need you and Calum to come. Now hurry. Times a ticking," he says pointing to his watch as he unlocks my cell.

We rush down the hallway to the bathroom and I enter seeing Calum fixing his hair in the mirror.

"Looking good, mate," I tell him.

"Thanks. Get changed," he snaps.

"Geesh what's wrong with you?" I scoff.

"I'm nervous, ok? We have to go and speech in front of a jury. This will decide Heather's future. Doesn't that scare you?"

"Well it didn't until now," I sigh.

"Just hurry up and get ready. I'll be in the hall with Bailey," Cal says as he exits the bathroom.

I step out of the stall and walk go the mirror. Wow it's been so long since I've worn a suit. I take the bandana out of my hair then quickly change my mind. Who gives a shit if I wear a bandana with a suit? I tie the bandana back in my hair and exit the bathroom.

"You can't wear a bandana with a suit, Ash," Calum tells me.

I roll my eyes as we exit the building.

---

*HEATHERS POV*

As Mrs. Jones walks over to me I was not prepared for this at all. This was my private personal journal that only Luke has read before. I've written some pretty nasty things in there. I don't know if it will help or harm me.