Confrontation

S C A R L E T

Looking outside the window, I let out a sigh. Sammie hasn't arrived at the house yet. At first, when the kids and I were eating I just thought she was running late, but now I'm not so sure.

I looked down at the Walkie Talkie in my hands, and stared at it absentmindedly. It was black, but the color was starting to chip. On that one bold spot, I started to fidget around with it, making the chipping worse.

I tried contacting Sammie, but she hasn't responded. I'm really worried, and I can't help but feel guilty.

I shouldn't have left her alone. I inwardly groan at myself. I shouldn't have left her alone, and now look what happened, she's missing.

I sighed and looked back out the window. I can't see the gate, but it does have a nice view of the green land around the house. I could almost spot the horses, down the road as well.

I closed my eyes, when I felt the sunshine hit me. I always loved the sun, and hated the cold. Who can blame me. I grew up in Alaska, with the cold wind, and cold snow. I always disliked it. The only get away I would get is when we went to visit our family in Dominican Republic.

I wonder how they are doing, I hope they are ok. I hope that this zombie bullshit didn't reach them, but then again, hope is nothing but a feeling, a desire, a thought, of something you know isn't true, but it makes you think the opposite. It pretty much gives you a false, indication. At least for me it does.

Even though I know it never works, I still hope. I hope with all my heart, that my family is ok, that Sammie is OK.

I opened my eyes, when I heard my office door open. Adriel's Carmel skinned figure entered with a bright smile, that made me temporarily forget my worries.

"Hey Bebe" I cooed.

Adriel's small figure came towards me and put on the puppy eyes. I let out a small laugh already knowing that the kids wanted something. Usually when the kids want something, they always send in Adriel to ask, knowing that neither I or Sam, can resist his puppy eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked through playful narrowed eyes.

Adriel gave a cute giggle, then pointed outside.

"You want to play outside?" I questioned.

Adriel nodded, and grinned.

"Horsey" He said in his adorable voice, that made me want to melt.

"You want to ride the horses?" I asked, with a smile of my own.

Adriel nodded and gave me a hug and a kiss.

"Pleaseee" He begged.

I rolled my eyes at how good this kid can kiss up to me. The kid was still holding onto my legs, before I let out a sigh of defeat.

"Oh ok" I said.

I need the distraction anyway.

The baby smiled and ran out the door as soon as I said 'ok', no doubt to tell the others. I shook my head at how good the kid is getting, on convincing me.

~*~

"Alright, I want everyone stay in front of me." I ordered as soon as we stepped outside.

The air was nice and warm, and the sun was shining brighter than before. I sighed in relief, as the warm sun glazed my arms. I watched the kids run outside, with bright smiles on their faces. I held onto Adriel's small little hand as he walked by my side. I couldn't help but smile myself, as I watched the kids race to the horses. Once they made it to the gate, they stopped and looked back at me.