War shrugged. "I don't know...trust."

"Trust?" Did War have to repeat it? "You mean telling her who you really are?" War half nodded. "I mean you marked her man. I smell you all over her. Is she like real sensitive about what you do?"

Pomelia was like a flower in the wind. It was easy for her petals to fall off or wither... "Yeah."

"Well you should still tell everything. You're going back to your pack soon she's going to find out eventually. Listen they find out everything anyways. You tell her before she finds out and like has a mental breakdown or something."

War was snapped back to the night where she hurt her self... It was like she did have a mental break that night. He didn't want her to have to go through that again but it was inevitable... "Think of it this way whether she likes it or not she's tied to you. You marked her, man."

He didn't know something that could make him so happy could also make him feel so guilty...

"War calm down. You'll be fine, just relax man." War couldn't relax. His mind was always reeling... "Oh and if you want to we're having a little party down at the lake. You and your little mate are welcomed to come if you want." The lake..a party? War would decline...he didn't feel like being around people he didn't know.

"I'll think about it."

"Good. You smell that food? Focus on that. You have a mate who can cook like that? She's a fucking keeper."

She was a keeper....War just needed to figure out a way to keep her..

*******************************************

"War it's not working."

He sighed, wiping a hand over his face. He was full to the brim. Pomelia and Mei, more Pomelia outdid themselves with breakfast. It surprisingly wasn't that bad of a breakfast/brunch. He found out that he actually enjoyed Alpha Reese much more when he was with his mate versus when he was with Trent and Khan.

Mei still hated his guts but she was civil at least. He thought he was going to be able to sleep off some of his food after but Pomelia had requested that she wanted to shift and of course he had a hard time denying her anything.

So here they were. War had all of the patience in the world for his mate, but her wolf was another story. They had spent the last half hour trying to get her to shift, but nothing was working.

They had found a nice spot where no one was at for Pom to shed her clothing and await her shift...only thing was she wasn't shifting! He didn't want to treat her like a pup and force a shift on her but he was pretty sure that was what he had to do.

"War! No I'm naked!" He wanted for point out that he didn't care but he did, and he would get a nice eyeful of her naked form but he was quiet. Plus he saw parts of her body just not the whole thing.

He groaned. "Put on your undergarments." He could hear her shuffling. "Can I look now?"

"Yes."

He turned around and all annoyances dissipated as he saw his mate sitting on the forest floor, a sad look to her eyes. She looked defeated and he didn't like that look on her. "What if I'm too weak?"

"You aren't. It's okay," he reassured her as he tried to think of the most effective way to execute his plan. "Is it okay if I try something?"

Her eyes lit up. "Sure!"

"I do this to the pups," he warned her as she nodded. His hand shot out to the back of her neck and he gripped her tightly. He hoped she didn't become afraid, it was just a tactic that proved helpful for wolves that needed a little help in the shifting department.