Part 49

NOTE: Oh WOW!!! I am so excited to see all the positive comments and views. I was beginning to think no one was interested in Echo's story. Honestly, I took a few days off to decide whether or not to continue this. Please keep voting and commenting, it's excellent motivation. I need feedback because there are so many different characters that sometimes it's hard to keep up. Let me know if you see mistakes! Please. 

I've already finished Echo's story, I'm just taking my time releasing the rest while I get ready for the next story. I do have a story planned for each of the sisters- who would you say is your favorite sister so far and why?

Thank you for reading!

----

"Mr. Farina should be here by now."

Her father could try to make things less awkward, but from the look of things, he wasn't going to even try. Echo glanced around the room- every one was here. It was odd to have everyone here, sitting around on the sofas of the large family room. George and Karen had only just arrived, Ben, Vera and Maru were sitting with a nervous smile. Lena was sitting stiffly at the edge of her seat, Alice next to her, Romy was casually sitting back against an arm chair, looking as grand as ever and Michael... well, he was standing by the window, gazing out as her complained about nothing. 

"Luke." Echo said, standing with her arms crossed nervously. "Daddy- his name is Luke."

"His name is also Mr. Farina." Michael said. 

"Oh Michael, stop it. You know what she means," Alice said, shaking her head. "Besides, if you were already calling him Luke, it's going to be rude to go back to Mr. Farina."

"The situation is different now, he's engaged to my daughter." Michael said.

"Which means he'll be family." Alice reminded him. 

"Exactly, like another brother." Maru said, trying to be cheerful. 

"So then he can stand a little ribbing." Ben said with a cynical smile. 

"Oh god, please don't." Echo said, thinking of all the ways Ben used to like to torture them as a children. 

"Oh come on, what's a little fun between brothers?" George asked with a grin. His questions was promptly followed by an elbow to the ribs. 

"You said you would behave." Karen said. "You're not going to embarrass her."

"Thank you, Karen." Echo said. 

"Echo, dear, don't let them get to you." Romy said lightly, "Just ignore them."

"That's easy for you to say." Echo said nervously.

"And trust that while the men in this family are a mess, the women will keep them in line." Alice said, completely Romy's thought. 

"I really just need you to understand that this is very important to me." Echo said, watching as people began to whisper among themselves. "Hey! Pay attention!"

Everyone turned to Echo, wide eyed and in shock. Echo hardly ever raised her voice. 

"Thank you." She said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she noticed them all looking her way. 

"You have our attention." Michael said and she nodded. 

"Luke Farina is very important to me. Please, don't do anything to embarrass me. I care about him, very deeply. Ben... George," She said, making them both look up at her. "Daddy..."

Michael sighed, moving to go sit next to Alice. 

"I gave you my word." Michael said, "and I intend to keep it."