3 AM

"Keep an eye on that fox, I don't think he likes having the camera on him."

"I-I know."

"Darkness, hall light check please."

"On it."

They were pulling together with some degree of efficiency. The survival game was real. Slenderman started to boss them around a little, but it felt more like having an adult present. Toby was still working the camera. L.J's demon-powered hearing was in charge of listening to the speakers for audio cues like footsteps. Well, in theory. He was much too busy munching through his candy supply to be of any actual service.

Smiley had given up on the solitaire, put his phone away, and sat with his back against the wall next to Smirky. There was nothing else they could do, but they were prepared to get violent if one of the animatronics managed to sneak in.

"W-Why is the puh-power going down so q-quickly?" Toby wondered.

"BEN!" Dark Link scolded. "Are you seriously charging your Switch right now? This is a matter of life or death!"

"It's low battery," BEN said, who had indeed plugged in his charger to the wall outlet previously used for the fan. "It's my birthday, so whatchoo gonna do?"

"N-Nevermind," said Toby, just before Dark Link moved in to rip the charger out of the wall. "It-It's beh-better if he's enter-entertained."

"Yes, definitely," Smiley agreed. "You don't want a bored BEN left to his own devices. Erm, no pun intended."

"I'm starving," Smirky complained. "You owe me something expensive and delicious."

"How'd you figure that one out?" asked Smiley.

"If you hadn't forced me to eat that terrible pizza, none of this would've happened."

"That's quite an assumption. It's your author who put us in this mess. I think it would've happened regardless of whether or not you ate the pizza."

"It's still your fault."

"Why?"

"Because I say so."

"Aw, is someone feeling grouchy because he's hungry? There's that cupcake over there, you know."

Sally clutched the giant cupcake close to her chest. "No! Mr. Cakey has a family! Don't do it, Mr. Smirky!"

"It's not even edible," Smirky frowned. His stomach growled.

"Uh, Toby?" said Jeff. "Isn't Freddy supposed to be on that stage?"

"Uh oh," said Toby.

L.J groaned. "You gotta be kidding me."

"He's in the d-dining ar-area," said Toby, who had been quick to check the cameras.

"Monitor him, child," said Slendy.

"I-I'll try," said Toby. "But someone's got to ke-keep an eye on Fuh-Fuh-Foxy." He switched to pirate cove, where Foxy was peeking through the curtains.

"Chicken on the right!" Dark Link yelled out. Jeff immediately shut the door. They shared a look of mutual relief.

"Yeah! High score!" BEN cheered from the floor.

"What is our power situation?" asked Slenderman.

"F-Fifty three p-p-percent," Toby said.

"Good." Slenderman turned around. "Open the door, child."

"But the killer chicken could still be there!" Jeff protested. "At least get Darkness to check the hall first-"

"We cannot afford to waste power."