She's giving up

BELLA AND JACOB

CHAPTER 29

BELLA P.O.V

I stood in the hallway watching Savannah curl her hair. I wasn’t sure what she was doing it for but she was doing it.

“You’re staring.” She said before she turned around and smiled at me. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen and I was so proud to be able to call her my daughter.

“Sav?” I knew she was listening and I didn’t have to call her. “Did he….Did he ever hit you?” I asked her.

“No! I would have told dad.” She said. “I would never allow him to hit me.” She said. “Have you been stressing about this?” She asked and I nodded my head sitting down on her bed. “You have nothing to worry about. I would tell you if anyone hurt me.” I didn’t want to think like that but as a mother I couldn’t really help it.

“Where are you going?” I asked her and she smiled at me.

“Seth is taking me out for the day.” She said and I smiled.

“Where is he taking you?” I asked her and she shrugged.

“He won’t tell me.” She answered as she finished off a few strands and made sure her makeup looked good. “Do you know where he is taking me?” She asked me and I shook my head.

“Didn’t even know you were going out.”

“Do you think he’s going to ask me out?” She asked and I shrugged. I wish he would be I don’t think he wants to jump into a relationship after she just got out of a horrible one. “When did you fall in love with dad?” She asked me.

“We started off as best friends. Eventually I just never wanted to him to leave.” I answered. I had liked Jake pretty much since the first day we started hanging out. When he went all wolf and Sam told him he wasn’t allowed to be near me, it tore my heart to pieces. I didn’t want him to go away.

“Do you think that’s how it will happen with me and Seth?” She asked. I shrugged.

“Every love story is different.” I answered. “You never get two of the same love stories. That’s the beauty of it, no two stories are exactly the same. There may be some qualities that are the same, but they never are.” I answered. “But be your own hero. If he wants to give you the world you can take it, but remember, you have your own.”

*SAVANNAH P.O.V*

I was still sitting at home after waiting for Seth for an hour. He said he would have been here. I was sitting on the porch and mom was inside. I had finally given up and walked back into the house.

“What happened?” She asked.

“I became my own hero.” I said as my vision became blurry. “I have my own world.” I whispered. “He stood me up.” I said sitting down next her and flopping myself onto her lap where she played with my hair. My dad came out of the bedroom and lifted me into his arms before he brought me upstairs to my room and placed me on the bed. With tears and make up streaming down my face, he took his thumbs and he wiped them away before he laid down next to me. “I just thought he was different.” I whispered.

“I know. I did too.” He said. He just laid there after that. Mom brought us some drinks and some ice cream and he flicked on the T.V that was hanging on the wall. My walls were all white with a few splashes of pink and blue on it. There were quotes all around and a few picture frames. I had lights hanging around the whole room and above my bed was a curtain looking thing that hung down and it was beautiful in here. “Anything you want to watch?” He asked me.