Chapter 7

BELLA AND JACOB 

CHAPTER 7

JACOB P.O.V

It was around midnight and I was still awake. I had put Bella to bed hours ago knowing she needed to rest and she had been crying a lot. I had smashed many dished. Even more were out in the yard. There were many holes in the walls around the house. I was just praying that my mom had welcomed our baby into heaven. I hope it was a boy, a boy just like me. My mother didn’t get much time with me, hopefully she had my son who she could cared for.

“Jake.” I heard Bella say pulling me out of my day dream. I could feel tears on my face. I wiped them away. When I looked up at Bella she was holding her belly. Tears were streaming down her face. I burst into tears and fell to the floor. I felt her hands on my back before she sat down behind me and held me.

“We’ll be okay.” She whispered through her tears. She rubbed my back trying to calm me down. 

“I’m so sorry.” I said to her as fresh tears left my eyes. I’m sure my yelling and ranting woke her up or she was having trouble sleeping. 

“I know.” She said. I didn’t want this to happen. It shouldn’t have happened. I wanted to give her whatever she wanted whenever she wanted but this was something I couldn’t control. She was unhappy and I couldn’t help. She got something taken away from her and it pains me to know I can’t get it back. “Jacob, I didn’t think I was ready for a baby. I have no idea why he or she was taken from us. Something special was planned, we will never know why.” She said wiping her own tears. She rubbed her face on my bareback. I could feel her cold cheek on my back and the tears running down her face along with the heat and chill mixed together. I wish I had known why God had decided to take my baby away from me. I wasn’t sure if there was a God or not. I don’t see why God would do this to two people who loved each other.

“He took my baby.” I cried putting my head in my hands.

“He has something better planned for us.” She whispered.

“What if he doesn’t?” I asked. “What if he keeps taking things away from us?” I asked.

“Don’t say that.” She answered. Bella was always nervous that something would happen to her father and she would die in the line of duty. Its a good way to go. 

“How can I not think like that?” Right then and there I had decided we would join our local church and go every Sunday starting tomorrow. “We should start going to church.” I said.

“Whatever you want.” She answered me. I decided this would help me get closer to God and try to help me through the process of getting through this tough time.

*NEXT DAY*

“Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Jacob and Bella Black. They have joined our church.” The pastor said to the group of people between 20 and 30 people. “Would you like to tell everyone why you joined?” He asked.

“We got married five months or so ago and we conceived a baby two weeks ago. A few days ago I lost the baby. We decided we needed to get closer to God to make sure our baby is okay and that we did everything correct in life.” Bella answered. I could hear the pain in her voice and I wish I could get rid of it but I knew I couldn’t. The pain was there for the both of us and I wasn’t sure how to make it go away. I had not told anyone that we had lost the baby and to be honest, I didn’t want to. Sam was having another child and I knew that was going to be hard on Bella because she was good friends with Emily.