chapter 14

BELLA AND JACOB

CHAPTER 14

BELLA P.O.V

ONE MONTH LATER

“Bella!” Jacob yelled to me. We had another appointment with Carlisle today and we were already late due to oversleeping and I was standing in front of the mirror at my still flat stomach. He came storming up the stairs and into the bedroom where he stopped.

“Nothing.” I said as I turned side to side seeing if I had grown at all and I hadn’t.

“You’re only a month along.” Clearly I was a month and two weeks.

“Six weeks, Jake. When am I suppose to grow?” I asked a little angry.

“I don’t know, Bella but we need to go.” I flung my shirt back down before heading out the door with him. The radio was on quiet. Jake drummed his thumbs on the steering wheel to the beat of the music.

“Do you want a boy or a girl?” I asked him.

“Either I will fine with.” I knew he wanted a boy, someone to fix up cars with him.

“If its a girl she can still help you with cars.” I said. I was hoping for a little girl for Jake to spoil because we all knew he was going to. If he spoils me, he will spoil her.

“You just want a girl so I will spoil her.” He said and I laughed knowing he caught me.

“I’m sure Alice wants it to be a girl.” I said.

“She told me she already knows what it is.” I wanted to wait. I didn’t want Alice to ruin it for me. “She wants to paint the nursery.” I decided I would let Alice decorate the nursery. I didn’t find much interest in it and I wasn’t very creative.

“I’ll let her do that.” I said. “But once she paints we aren’t allowed to go in there and cheat.” I said. “I want us both to find out at the same time!” I said a little over excited.

“I understand.” He said. “Pick out any names yet?” He asked.

“No. I haven’t really thought about it.” I really hadn’t. I didn’t think it was time. “We don’t have to just yet.” I said to him. I didn’t want him to be worried about me wanted to pick a name out, we didn’t even know the sex yet.

“Okay. We can decide later.” He said holding my hand.

“Is this what you wanted?” I asked him.

“To be married to you and pregnant? Yes.” He answered smiling. He was still young so I totally understood if he wasn’t ready for a kid but I wasn’t going to just let him drown.

“Really?” He nodded his head.

“I knew I wanted to marry you and I knew eventually you would want kids. I wasn’t going to marry you if I wasn’t ready to become a father.” He said. “And I still have time until he or she comes.” I smiled.

“Yeah you do. You can’t back out now though.” He looked over at me.

“Why would I ever want to?” He asked.

“I’m so proud of you, Jacob.” I smiled at him.

“Thanks.” He laughed. We pulled up to the Cullen’s and of course Alice was there with opened arms.