"That's what I said." He nodded.

"You're taking me to meet your family?" She said.

"Is that a problem?" He asked.

"Yes." She said, making him frown.

"I'm thought girls are thrilled to meet their boyfriend's family." He replied.

"Okay, first of all, we've been through this, I'm not your girlfriend."  Echo said, "And also, aren't you supposed to warn me that that's what you're doing?"

"Okay, I'm sorry I didn't tell you." He said with a shrug, "but yes, that's where we're going. Don't stress. Like I said, they're nice. I actually really want you to meet my cousin."

"Your cousin?" She asked, feeling like she was going to throw up. "Oh god..."

"Hey... hey..." Luke said, pulling over to the curb as he saw her panicking.  "Echo, baby- look at me."

She turned to him, trying to control her breathing.

"Listen to me." He said, putting a hand on either cheek, "Hey, are you listening to me?"

Echo nodded but she was still having trouble catching her breath.

"Okay, calm down. Just tell me, what are you so anxious about?" He asked gently, his thumbs caressing her face. Echo shook her head, trying to think clearly, opening her mouth to speak but unable to say anything coherent. "Hey... Echo. Hey... we can take out time. We're not in a rush. Just... relax. Deep breath... why don't you..."

Luke began to look around, trying to think of something... anything.

"Hey, tell me what you see." He finally said.

"Whaaaaa..." She managed to say breathlessly.

"Look around and tell me what you see." he said firmly. Echo nodded... okay. Okay.

'Come on, Echo' she repeated to herself. 'You can do this.'

"House." She said, blurting the first thing that she spotted. Luke nodded.

"Tree." She continued.

"Really good, baby, What else?" He said, smiling faintly as she spoke. Echo looked around, feeling as slowly she began to ground herself.

"Steering wheel." She said, gazing back at him, her eyes locking with his.

"Anything else?" He said, looking relieved as she seemed to calm down.

"You." She said, a smile curling on her lips. Luke, she could see Luke.  He chuckled, nodding and pulling her against him gently. She felt his arms tighten around her, his fingers locking themselves in her hair as he gently massaged her scalp.

"Good, that was good." He finally whispered, kissing her forehead gently. She nodded, offering another weak smile.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... I can't imagine how annoying this must be for you." She said, turning a little red.

"Hey, look at me..." He said, meeting her eyes, "You... are so annoying."

"What?" She asked in confusion as he let out a sigh, followed by a chuckle.

"Yes, extremely. Wow." He said, turning back to the steering wheel and starting up the car. "I've never had to deal with a girl this... problematic."

"You don't have too- you're the one that..." She began to say indignantly.

"No, no. Stop, just stop right there." He said, pulling the car back out into the street, "You're so annoying and it has been a challenge... but..."