W9: Bridge to the Unfamiliar (Closed)

This week's prompt is "Bridge to the unfamiliar".

Magical realism is a literary genre which focuses on adding magical characteristics to the contemporary world. There's a keen difference between fantasy and magical realism, magical realism has magic as more of a hidden undertone than an overarching shadow. It is much more grounded in reality and offers a great contrast by introducing a highly unnatural element into a very natural and realistic setting. 

Some examples include "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel García Márquez and "House of Spirits" by Isabelle Allende. In magical realism there is a world which is like our own but has a few magical elements, the magic is presented as natural while still keeping the world very very natural.

Your task is to incorporate a magical element of your choice into your story in such a way that it doesn't seem out of place in the real world. Some examples of such elements include things as simple as a rocking chair which rocks off its own accord, ice which never melts or something as unordinary as Clairvoyance, Levitation, Pyrokinesis etc.

We encourage you to choose a magical element you feel you can include easily and experiment on with the best of your abilities. Magical realism focuses on blending reality and supernatural together and there is no wrong or right way to do that.

Criteria:

The story should be based on the prompt (but we always welcome artistic interpretation).

There is no required word-count (but we hope to be sensible).

Make sure that your story isn't mature and follows all the Wattpad Content Guidelines.

To Enter:

In-line comment on this paragraph with the title of your story, the book it's in, and the link to the story.

Submissions must be stand-alone and not require further reading.

In your entry, you should mention Bridge to the unfamiliar and tag @CommunityInteractive. This is how we make sure that we've found the correct page for the entry.

Submission closing date will be announced, and Results will be posted a week after Submissions close.

This is to ensure that we have sufficient entries before the judging period begins.

The due date for submissions is 2 August 2020.

Prizes:

The three selected winners will receive a shout-out and a detailed review about why we liked their story.

Final Note:

We encourage you to read other submissions and interact with other entrants. We have a lovely community and would love for you to be a part of it.

If you have friends you think would like to participate, we'd appreciate you letting them know about us.

We wish you well, and hope to see your entries soon!

-The CommunityInteractive Team