W2: The Reaper's Daylife (Closed)

Death has been depicted in many ways.

Sometimes he's a fiddler, sometimes he's a farmer. Sometimes he's a looming shadow, and sometimes he's a she. To be honest, there have been many personifications of death, and even more so in modern pop culture.

We enjoy these interpretations, ranging from the funny, gothic, gal-pal Death in the Sandman series who lives and dies as a mortal to the businesslike take on the institution of dying as in Dead Like Me. The Death in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series fosters cats, has a horse named Pinky and also has a mortal daughter.

We also have a bit of a recurring character in our contests. Sarah Anne Dower is our local community Grim Reaper's Intern and Apprentice (all the way back since the days of Contest #39).

We know for a fact she's probably not the only one. This week, you have to tell the story of another apprentice who is surprised to learn that Death isn't exactly what we all expected. It is up to you to represent death in your own way.

We're looking to prove that even cosmic eventualities are fun and quirky.

Criteria:

The story should be based on the prompt (but we always welcome artistic interpretation).

While this is a story about the character of 'Death', we also it want it to have meaning.

There is no required word-count (but we hope to be sensible). We're soft-capping it at 6 000 words.

Make sure that your story isn't mature and follows all the Wattpad Content Guidelines.

To Enter:

In-line comment on this paragraph with the title of your story, the book it's in, and the link to the story.

Submissions must be stand-alone and not require further reading.

In your entry, you should mention W2: The Reaper's Daylife and tag @CommunityInteractive. This is how we make sure that we've found the correct page for the entry.

Submission closing date will be announced a week in advance, and Results will be posted a week after Submissions close.

This is to ensure that we have sufficient entries before the judging period begins.

Prizes:

The three selected winners will receive a shout-out and a detailed review about why we liked their story.

Final Note:

We encourage you to read other submissions and interact with other entrants. We have a lovely community and would love for you to be a part of it.

If you have friends you think would like to participate, we'd appreciate you letting them know about us.

We wish you well, and hope to see your creative creations soon!

-The CommunityInteractive Team