She shakes her head no and averts her gaze to the pavement beneath their feet. “It’s custom for you to choose. I will follow you anywhere.”

            “Belle,” he stops walking and lifts her face to meet her eyes. “If you want to rule Sahara, all you had to do is say so.”

            Her eyes light up. “Do you mean it?” She asks, squeezing his hands. “Do you really want to rule Sahara with me?”

            At her enthusiasm, Abernathy grins and kisses her cheek. “I’d follow you anywhere.”

            Bellezza wraps her arms around him and snuggles her face in his chest. “I love you,” she whispers against the cotton of his shirt. “Did you know that?”

            Resting his chin atop her head, Aber tightens his grip around her waist. “I love you too.”

            Stepping away from one another, they continue their path towards the palace but are stopped by Neamh. She walks toward the couple with Alex at her side. The prince had traveled from Ludania to Liam just last night. He couldn’t stand to be away from his love more than a week. Right now as the couple approaches the newly found prince and his bride, Alex’s heart is pounding against his chest. From where he’s standing Abernathy looks big and intimidating. Even when Neamh whispers encouraging words in his ear and holds on tightly to his arm, Prince Alex is still worried about what her brother will think of him.

            Neamh and Bellezza embrace as if they had not seen each other in a very long time. While the women begin animatedly talking about the wedding, Aber crosses his arms and looks at his sister’s fiancée. In his eyes the boy is scrawny and doesn’t seem worthy of having his sister’s hand in marriage. Neamh needs a man that can protect her from anything, not a boy who appears to be shaking in his boots.

            Choosing his words carefully, Abernathy begins the interrogation. “You’re Alex, right?” At the young man’s nod, Aber extends his hand. “I’m Abernathy, Neamh’s brother.”

            Swallowing loudly, Alex shakes the prince’s hand. Aber has firm grip while Alex’s is weak. Aber’s impression of him is declining quickly. “It’s a pleasure to meet you,” Alex says in a shaky breath. “Please excuse me if I seem a bit jittery. I’m a little nervous about meeting you, Prince Abernathy.” He lets out a nervous laugh expecting the prince the chuckle and give him a pat him on the back while saying ‘there’s nothing to be nervous about, I don’t bite’ or something along those lines. Aber doesn’t say a word or crack a smile.

            “I don’t like you,” he says finally after a minute of agonizing silence. “I don’t think you can protect my sister.”

            At this, Alex perks up. His nervous jitters disappear and the worry that once filled is vision is replaced by powerful determination. “I will do everything in my power to protect Neamh,” he states, angered that Aber had doubted his abilities. “I will do anything she asks of me without thinking twice. She is my light and I will never let it go out.”

            Abernathy smiles at this and punches Alex lightly in the shoulder. “That’s what I wanted to hear.”

            Alex relaxes a little at the sign of affection. “So you don’t hate me?”

            “I don’t hate you,” Aber says coolly. “I just don’t like you.” He shrugs and puts his hands in the pockets of his jeans. “But don’t let my opinion stop you from marrying Neamh. I don’t have to like you to respect you.”