Chapter 11

Inside his office, Bruce was furious. That creep had just taken the only person he had ever loved, and she had let him. Heather had offered to sacrifice her life for his, why would she do that? Because she loved him, that was why she had even said she had, and he hadn't had time to tell her that he loved her.

Wade ran into the room then, shot the man who was holding Bruce hostage, and then untied him.

"We have to get helicopters in the air Wade; they have Heather."

Wade nodded and pulled out his radio. "Control, we need helicopters. The Scorpions escaped with Heather on board. We need to catch them."

"10-4," came the response, as Bruce ran out the door, and into the stairwell, Wade on his heels.

"What happened?" Wade asked Bruce as they ran up the stairs.

"The creep took me hostage, and Heather gave herself up to save my life."

"Wow, she must really like you."

"She does, but I love her too, and I cannot let her sacrifice her life for mine," he said, as they reached the roof.

"You know she would do it again, Bruce. She is that way. Heather would give up her life for anyone that she cared for."

"I had a bad feeling about that," he said, as he saw the helicopter getting smaller on the horizon.

"You should see the bodies she left behind," Wade chuckled. "She took down twenty men on her way to save you. She must have been pretty ticked off."

"Twenty?" Bruce croaked.

"Yep, and there are probably more, but that is Heather for you."

Bruce sighed, "I just hope we get her back."

"I do too," Wade said as he watched the helicopter turn around suddenly and head back their way.

In the helicopter, Heather sat there, calmly. She was coming up with a plan.

"So, you saved your boyfriend, and all for what?" Parry asked her. "Because you are going to die."

"You seem to be pretty confident about that, Parry," she smirked as she held onto her arm.

"Oh, I am. I have waited too long to kill you."

"So why did you poison all the alcohol? I don't even drink."

"We didn't know that, but that is okay because it is the water supply next."

"You have got to be kidding me. Come on, Parry, you have me now, let the innocent people live. Look at all the girls that have died already. This is beyond ridiculous. So you got your revenge, give it up, seriously," she snarled.

"Oh, no. We have already started this war; it is not ending so easily, not unless someone pays up."

"Are you asking for a ransom to not poison the water in San Diego?" she guessed.

"Yes, that is exactly what I am doing."

"You are as insane as Benson said you were."

"He was nothing. He was too soft, I mean look, he let you live, and then you killed him," he smirked.

"He thought I was dead," she pointed out, "I mean, he did shoot me three times," she said, showing him her stomach. He stared at it for a moment, just long enough for Heather to kick the gun out of his hands and end up with her hidden weapon in her hands.

"Now who has the upper hand," she smirked, as he stared at her in shock.

"How did you do that?"