Promises Are Lies

Writer: JyotiiD

Reviewer: NikkithaKJ

Chapters Read: 23

--------------

Cover:

The cover is pretty and eye-catching. It's designed beautifully! But I feel it doesn't really go well with the plot. I might be wrong since the story is still ongoing. Otherwise, it's a fantastic cover.

Title:

Though it is not the best title you could choose for your story, it is not completely unrelated. However, the title goes well with the blurb you've written. I feel you should give it a thought once again. And the decision is yours if you want to continue with the same title or not.

Blurb:

The blurb gives out too much details. I feel the entire story is written in the blurb itself and there's nothing much left to be discovered in the story as we can predict what's going to happen. So, I would suggest you to shorten the blurb and give out just the right amount of details to build interest in the readers' minds and keep them hooked to the story.

Plot:

The plot is a common one. I didn't find any out of the box idea. The lack of twists just makes the story predictable. And to be honest, I do not like such plots where the girl falls for the guy who tried to assault and harass her. The shady past of the guy does not give him any right to behave in such a way. I suggest you to take your time and make amends to the plot because I believe you have the capability to do much better.

Grammar:

There were very few noticeable grammatical errors. But I feel the way you frame sentences could be better. I suggest you to proofread and edit your book once to rectify these.

Creativity:

I feel the story lacked in the area of creativity. Like I said earlier, I could not find any out of the box thinking and the story was quite predictable.

Storyline:

The storyline didn't go well with me much. I feel the story had plotholes. The character development too isn't that good as such. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, the story is quite predictable. And it gives me a feeling that it is being rushed. So, I feel you need to work on all these aspects.

Also, there were contrary descriptions, for example, in the chapter where Swara was getting ready for the interview, she had left her hair loose but in the chapter of her interview, her hair was tied in a ponytail. And there are some instances where Swara acts all bold and bossy and some instances where she doesn't even take a stand for herself and gives into the situation too easily.

I suggest you to go through the story from the beginning and make necessary changes to avoid such discrepancies.

Dialogues:

The dialogues were good. And they had an impact in the story. I feel they could have more impact if the plot and storyline are improvised.

Overall, the plot and the storyline need major reconstruction and a proper direction.

Payment:

A permanent follow.

Read my book "To Sanskaar, Yours Swara" and give your genuine feedback in the comment section of the book.

A shoutout to this community's review book.

I hope the review was helpful. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your book. And I apologise for the delay.

Also, I am sorry if I have offended you. I hope you take this review optimistically.

>_______________<

Thank you for giving Blue Star reviews and your reviewer, a chance.

Would love to see you again ❤️

~Team Blue Star Reviews
#starlights

>________________<