~8~

Hi my lovelies! I can quite honestly say that these past few weeks have been wild to say the least. I've gotten most of my feelings out through drawing and Disney but I want to do something productive with this story so here is chapter 8. I just want to say that I love as well as read all comments and will most likely respond so please comment! I hope you enjoy but if you can't enjoy my story I hope you can enjoy someone else's. Just have fun!

Trigger Warning
-Inappropriate language

River's POV
After Logi completed his recounting of what had happened all was silent. The only thing to be heard was passing cars and the quiet chirps of nature. This is the first time I've heard the story aloud. With the fact I was present I've never needed to be told. It's strange to have it all brought back. Especially so unexpectedly. I sincerely hope Logi is alright.

After what felt like centuries I could no longer take the unbearable silence. Knowing their tendency to... strongly react, I proceeded cautiously. "Are you both...okay"?, I asked a bit hesitantly. The man looked up with a snarky expression. "Pft it's not like he was my dad. The dude was a dick who had it coming", he said glancing away.
"Honestly. The fact he came in contact with something like that in the first just proves it", Carmen added. A tad shocked by such a blatant response I stuttered back with "o...ok".

Unsurprisingly it went silent once more. At this point the quietness became numbing. Moreover it wasn't as though I knew what to continue with. I mean asking why they're here is rude. It isn't as though we have a right to know. Also I highly doubt they'd even-
"If it isn't too forward of me to ask. It'd be quite beneficial to my knowledge if you were to inform us on why you were banished to this realm", Logan said in a low monotone voice.
I looked at Logi in awe with my mouth gaped open. Oh my sweet sweet Logan berry. Why?

I turned to the two across from us in order to evaluate their reactions. The man seemed very uncomfortable while Carmen was figuratively getting lost in her thoughts. "Ahem...we understand that it can be hard to talk about something that's so sensitive. Not everyone is as...as...open! As Logi is", I gave them a small smile.
"Maybe we can just start with your name", I said looking at the man. He sunk into his hoodie and began to mess with one of the strings.
"Or...or maybe we can give you a nickname? Som...something simple and very not personal", I suggested hopefully

"Whatever", he responded.
I smiled widely, "great"!
"How about shadow? Or maybe Tabby Cat! Or...or maybe grapey! Awww I like grapey!!"

The three of them stared at me with an eyebrow raise.
"Heh heh may...maybe you should pick the nickname"
"Just call me anxiety", he grumbled
"Anxiety?", I questioned
"It's what I called him back in the day. Usually to tease him" Carmen stated.
"Awww cute! Ok Anxiety it is then!"
"So Anxiety do you mind telling us where you're from?", I said smiling

Virgil's POV
Not wishing to share my name I simply told this qwoni to call me Anxiety. It's the only nickname I've had and the only one I'm personally comfortable with. Well as comfortable as I can be at this point.

"So Anxiety do you mind telling us where you're from", River asked
I blatantly responded with, "yes I do mind", as I looked down to my fidgety hands.
Just by the his silence I could tell my answer disappointed the inquisitive qwoni. Sorry.

No one was saying anything. I began messing with my fingers in attempt to calm myself but it wasn't working. It feels like there are millions of people hounding me at once. Like I'm being completely surrounded when in truth there is just two people in front of me. Why am I like this?

"He's from the Bottom Depths but was raised in the heart of Midoro. The same realm as the council", Carmen firmly stated. Was she insane?! For someone so damn focused on not sharing our life she seems to have no issue with telling them what I don't want to!