~7~

Hi my lovelies, it's been a minute. I apologize for my extreme lack in writing. I have had zero motivation in everything I do and have been kinda stressed out. Even now I'm not very motivated but I really need to push myself into doing something. I hope everyone is doing fantastic. If you can't enjoy my story I hope you can enjoy someone else's, just have fun!

Trigger Warning:
-Inappropriate Language
-Death and mention of murder
-Illness

Carmen's POV
"You killed the impossible to even get close to top member of the Council from Hell? I'm calling bull", I stated directly. The man let out an arrogant chuckle. "Yes while it does seem highly improbable it is the truth", he replied sternly. I studied his eyes looking for a lie. Searching for a hint of deceit.

...
"Holy crap he really did it", I said in shock.
"So we're in the presence of a killer who seems scary calm when he's talking about murdering someone", Virgil said abruptly?!
"I...I have very mixed emotions. On one hand they're a bunch of pin heads who deserve it but on the other, you know morals or whatever", I pointed out. Virgil looked over to me in a very seriously?! sort of way.

"I wouldn't necessarily make the conclusion that I'm calm about my previous deeds. It has however been years since the act in question so I'd say I'm more...how would you say...dealing", Logan commented. Right of course. Because it's perfectly normal to be "dealing" in a situation like this.

I peered over to Virgil who also looked in my direction. It was clear neither of us trusted our circumstances and Virgil wasn't planning on "dealing" like the man across from us. He took a much needed breath before turning back to the two strangers. "Why did you do it", Virgil asked still shaken.

Logan glances to ground for a moment. "It...it was accidental", he revealed. It was...an accident?

Logan's POV
The man wearing purple appeared to not be taking the news of my past endeavors well. In this present case it was a valid reaction. Moreover, I suppose the inference of me being at peace with the death of another living creature was due to lack of sentiment figuratively behind my words and was also understandable, however untrue. For that reason I made the decision to mention their misunderstanding.

In due course, they finally posed the question I'd been expecting. Why? Why did I do such a heinous crime? "It...it was accidental", I assured.

Both Carmen and the man looked to be extraordinarily dumbfounded. I could not blame them for such an expression. After all what kind of ignorance could lead to such a miscalculation......mine.

I momentarily inhaled and exhaled in order to compose myself. "I am a mage, abien hybrid. A abien is an angel sub-breed that exhibit similar abilities but are tremendously different from their parent species", I clarify. (Just so you all know this is not a real species. I made it up purely for this fanfic. If anyone wants they can use it but it is not an official fantasy race)

"In earlier years, I resided in the Ta Yvrídia realm. Ta Yvrídia is Greek for "the hybrids"", I made clear. (If you're Greek and that's wrong I apologize. Blame google translate.) I noticed the fellow across from me let out a cheeky 'tch' in response to my elucidation. "Thanks for the vocab lesson. Now if you don't mind I'd appreciate it if you tell us about...oh I don't know. How you fucking killed someone!", he brazenly expressed.

I'm aware that causing issues with two potentially problematic creatures is exceedingly unwise but at some point my patience will figuratively run dry from their abundant dearth of class. Especially, when they are so unappreciative when regarding my generous exposition of the topic. Still I must remain firm and collected. "I apologize for my obliviousness to your wanting a speedy explanation. Let me continue with...", I was interrupted by an evident reaction of irritation from both of the strangers. "Maybe cut back a small Logi. People tend to greet normalcy and summarization opposed to elongated or over extended sentences", River politely and discreetly suggested. Right. Of course.