Friends is what we are

My eyes fluttered open yet again to a lovely white ceiling. "Izuku? You're awake!!" I had familiar arms wrapped around me once more. My vision was a bit blurry but I can always tell that these soft yet strong arms are my mother's. She was sobbing once more and I felt like the guilt had just punched my stomach. Everything was such a blur, why am I even in a hospital bed? Why do I feel so guilty?
"Ah, it's good to see you awake." The doctor strode in, he was scribbling something on this clipboard. Ugh I wonder how much paperwork he gets. Seriously HIPAA regulations are such a pain. Mom let go of me and plunked back onto the plastic hospital chair wiping away her tears of relief and worry.
"Is he going to be alright? It's not deadly right?" Deadly? What was mom talking about? Do they need me to heal someone? "No I assure you your son will be fine but this time make sure he gets rest and he cannot use his quirk until at least a week's worth of rest.." Are they talking about me? What's wrong I feel okay now. Is that why my mom's so worried I felt guilt punch me in the gut once more.
"Kid?" The doctor cut in snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him, "Y-yes s-sir?"
"I know you have a healing quirk and want to help but overexerting yourself like this isn't healthy. You need at least a week without your quirk though your quirk as far as I can see is quite amazing. If you ever need somewhere the hospital is more than happy to have you on our staff as an intern or assistant." The doctor started, he looked at me with tired yet intrigued eyes. Wait. An assistant?! What?!
"Um I don't think me being an assistant is any good. IgetreallynervpusaroundpeopleandIworkwithmysenseial-"
"Breath child! Look, it was just a suggestion. You being a late bloomer with a healing quirk I guess you don't know how valued you are. My superior found out you had one and immediately told me to suggest a position for you. Don't worry about it, here is the prescribed medication, vitamins and a note that you can't do anything too crazy. You need to eat 3 well balanced meals, drink water and sleep 8 hours, if you can't do 8 promise me at least 6." The once quiet doctor started. Mom's attention hung with his every word. I smiled as the doctor told me the importance of keeping healthy.
"I'm gonna give you a piece of advice, kid, make some boundaries on who to heal first and if you should. Scratches and bruises can heal easily on their own. I can already tell you're too nice for your own good so don't tell anybody I said this but you have to be careful. Healing quirks are rare and you're in UA so everybody is gonna want you. Always stay with friends and be careful. Now I have to pardon myself. I'll be back soon with your friend so you can go home." Explained the doctor leaving me and my mother perplexed. Why would I have to worry?
Ilda! I had almost forgotten about his brother. The thought made my stomach feel uneasy and my head hurt. Forcing myself to be in a seating position I pushed with my achy leafs and my good shaky arm up. My mother came to my aid as I was having a lot of trouble. "Mom...Ilda.." I gasped as I shifted, blurry memories being thrown around my mind.
"Your friend is with his brother sweetie. He felt so bad and he had you in his arms and all the... b-blood. You were so pale... and how could I let you get so weak..." his mother sniffled. Izuku looked at his mother, at this rate the guilt was going to be the reason he gets bedridden again. "Mom it's not your fault. I'm sorry I act so reckless. I... I just can't leave my friend like that... Ilda and Uraraka are my friends. And I-I can't just stay still mom... I'm sorry..."
His mother looked at him with a teary face. "Izuku j-just be careful. I don't think I can take much more of this... I actually have some good news. Your father called and he says he'll be home soon. I know it's been almost a year since he stayed but he got transferred to a district here last year and we wanted to keep it a surprise for you and then your quirk happened and we were so happy and forgot about it." I looked at my mom, completely forgetting the guilt. Daddy's coming home. He only comes once every year for a week during the summer holiday. Since school was out and it was nice out daddy would take us out to a fun place. From hot springs to amusement parks or even a hero con or even just a day laying on the couch watching cartoons. He's an engineer for a fitness company. This he makes weights and other things for people who work out as well as some products for the army. He was put in America as they needed more engineers there since he was 6. Not to mention most of his stock was in the US.
He owned a few shares of stock with his mother who had managed it with him. Soon they will be both home again. I forgot about everything else for a second. Daddy's coming home. I was radiating with excitement. Mom smiled softly laughing probably with how childish I was, but I couldn't care since daddy is coming home. I started rambling about what we could do and how cool he was. Mom got to add something to the conversation when given a chance. Her teary eyes completely gone as she was also excited for dad to come home.
Again the moment was a short lived one as I saw my classmate come in and look quite uneasy on the corner of the room. His face was stained with tears. I looked at my mother with pleading eyes, "Mom?" My mother smiled and nodded though I know she'll be probably standing outside the door anyway. "Ok I'll be using the restroom. But honey please don't act rashly." She whispered planting a kiss on my head before walking past them in the direction of a bathroom.
Ilda let her pass awkwardly, unsure what to do with the sympathetic look given to him. I motioned him to come sit next to me. Ilda looked torn between complying or running out of the room as he clenched his jaw, his eyes wandering to the door which my mother had just gone through. Once I could no longer hear my mother's soft footsteps padding on the white floors was when I decided to speak.
"Ilda please come sit. N-not that I'm forcing you.. I-I just rather have you sitting with me..." I honestly hate that I can't say anything confidently. Ilda is your friend. He's going to think you're stranger than you already are. I felt my thoughts swirl into a monster in my head. I wasn't useless. I'm not a waste of space. Kacchan said not to. Mom and Daddy love me. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. Ilda stiffly sat on the side of the bed, his stare aimed at the floor. Empty, he looks empty. "Y-your b-brother?" I asked, I don't remember being able to heal him. Is he alright?
Ilda's shoulders tensed uprached up to his arms as his empty eyes squeezed shut. "H-he can't run... he isn't going.... He can't" My heart stopped beating. I stopped breathing. Ilda was crying. Ilda now unable to stop crying communicating in broken sentences. "They said he was better and he could still see and he could remember fine but.... But... didn't... his legs" I couldn't save his legs. I couldn't help out my only friends. I failed. Pushing myself onto the taller boy's back, tears of my own spilling. I wheezed an apology choking on sobs as I wrapped my arms around Ilda hiding my head on his shaking shoulders as he cried in earnest as well. I don't know how long I stayed like that but I left Ilda grieve.

-----------------------------------------Later that day Third POV----------------------------
    Izuku's eyes fluttered open, but this time instead of a white ceiling he awoke to a familiar blue hair. Izuku looked down to see a sleeping Ilda in his arms both had salt on their cheeks and red swollen eyes. Both had cried themselves to sleep, Ilda in Izuku;s arm, his head resting on Izuku's uninjured arm, his glasses falling onto Izuku's collarbone as his head was buried in Izuku's chest. Izuku stiffly rubbed his eyes trying not to move his shoulder too much. A blanket had been draped over the two. Izuku, still tired and groggy, smiled as he saw his mother talking animatedly with someone on the phone, no doubt his father.
    She had looked up from her phone to see her son was awake and relief relieved her once more as she almost fell out of the chair and dropped her phone. Izuku flinched a bit and the noise had awoken the sleeping teen. He opened his eyes mumbling a "Wha-" before Inko started to say how relieved the two were okay and asking them if they wanted anything while  rummaging through her bag. Ilda lazily sat up rubbing his eyes while feeling around for his glasses. Izuku half awake himself still drained blinked, his thinking fuzzy and his head heavy.
    Ilda after a miserable tired and wanting nothing more than to rest found his glasses and finally rubbed his swollen hot eyes open. The events of the day slammed into him like a bullet train. He jumped out of the bed, face a bright shade of red,  bed hair and wrinkled, dishevealed clothes on his sweaty sticky body was a clash from the prim and perfectionism in class. "'I'm so sorry-' ' Ilda's voice was thick as he broe into a coughing fit his head felt heavy, barely staying connected to his body. He was pulled into the comforting arms of Inko who as she would her own son let him calm down and reminded him it was alright."It;s alright Ilda. You're fine.'; She helped the boy to regain himself. Helouung him fix his messy apperance the best she could before handing him a cold water bottle which he greatfully took and covered his swollen eyes.
    "Honey hear's my phone. Call you mother so she can come pick you up." Inkp handed him her phone which was open to the calling ap. Ilda without a thought took it from the sweet woman and dialed his other. After a short conversation with her he thanked the woman, accepting the juice she had given him. Sitting next to her in the plastic hospital chair.
"You know Ilda-kun, you are a very strong boy. I'm happy you're Izuku's friend." The mother said as she plumped down into her seat. Ilda looked at her in suprise.
"I am not worthy of such praise Mrs. Midoryia. In such a state I believe no one would want their child being with such an immbecile such as me. Not to mention I put your son in so much danger." Ilda rubbed his eyes before placing teh cool water bottle on them again. Izuku had fallen asleep once more.
" Well after talking to my husband about you he seems to like the idea of you being my son's friend. He was a bit angry of cource with you putting him in danger, but... you can protect him and I know you will. My boy is very reckless so we need you to keep an eye on him..." The mother looked down at her little sunshine. He meant the world to her an dhe had been exposed to so much she didn;t want him to be hurt anymore. "Please promise me that at school you will help monitor his health. We now know how his quirk affects his body, not to mention Izuku is already so frail. He's always been so lonely, and tired... I couldn't bear for him to look like this ever again." Inko looked at Ilda and took his hands into her own. "Please, I beg of you as his friend, please never let him be a lonely hurt child again."
The younger looked at her with a bit of confusion yet at the same time a fire of determination lit in his eyes. "I promise, I shall help Midoryia all I can. As a hero, and as his friend." Inko smiled and nodded at him.
Soon enough the door opned to reveal the worried mother of teh blue haired boy. "Ilda! Oh my goodness, do you know what time it is! I already have one son in the hospital. I can't think of what I'd do if you were hurt too!" His mother was always so formal in her business attire. She squeezed him close to her before checking him over, before scoding him. She stopped when she heard a light whimper from the hospital bed, She turned to see the mother boy adn other mother in the room before clearing her throat and making herself presentable once more. She held out her hand to the shorter woman, "I'm so sorry to cause all this rickus, it's been a rough past few days... " The womman bowed slightly to the other and thanked her for her help.
Inko bowed in return, still a bit unused to greeting her son's friends. "I-it's no issue! It's quite a pleasure to meet you and your son. I am Inko Modoryia! I am the mother of your son's friend..." The blue haired woman eyes widen. She looked back at her son who had clearly looked a bit dishevealed before looking at the sickly boy gently breathing in a blissful sleep.
"Mother. Midoryia had helped Tensei with his injuries with his healing quirk. It's because of him that Tensei won''t suffer severe brain damage.Though he was already tired adn it ended up him becoming injured fom overusage of his quirk." The mother's eyes widened. Looking at teh boy in awe and disbelief. "He... healed?" The mother almost fainted in shock.
----------------------------------------------------------------
After explaining the situation and seeing her eldest son looking much better than he had before. She bowed deeply, repeating thanks to the woman and apologizing for causing her son's injuries. Inko of couse was embarrased and tiried to get her to stop explaining that her son had come to visit a friend and how thankful she was that her son would be in good hands.
The results of this ended up with the women having a conversation carrying the luggage of the greenettes while Ilda carried a sleeping boy on his back to the Ilda household.
————————2 hours later——
I felt groggy, tired and my head throbbed when I woke up barely able to open my crusty swollen eyes. Blindly feeling around I get off the soft bed blindly getting out of the room to look for a bathroom. My legs felt like weighs as I rubbed my eyes. Bathroom.... bathroom...
I walked down a hallway when I hit soemthing. "Sir, I believe the bathroom is this way as well as a fresh set of clothes for you." The voice was deep and quiet, coming from a tall and slender blob who led me too a bathroom. I quickly emptied my bladder before taking my All Might toothbrush and the toothpaste from the countertop. The sharp taste of mint hit my teeth helping me wake up. Lazily I brushed my teeth and scratched my curly hair then rubbing my eyes trying to fully wake up. Soon after spitting out the past of the foam did I throw water at my face. Letting the cool water relieve some of the sting of my slightly swollen eyes. I looked at my reflection and... I looked like how I felt. A complete mess.
I splattered water on my face once more hoping I didn't have a fever. It was when I was reaching over for a towel when I realized something important... Where am I? I looked at everything, the bathroom was humongous and looked as if it had never been never used. Everything from the light blue walls and mats to the white tile floor looked clean, clashing me and my All Might toothbrush. Anxiety and fear clawed at his lungs, my hands shaking as I clutched my All Might toothbrush close to my chest.
I slowly stepped out of the bathroom with caution ready to pounce at anything. Like a scared animal I kept to a crouch, hands in front of me and eyes alert darting at every inch of the hallway. When did I get here? I remember mom and Ilda then-
"Mr. Midoriya, I-"
I couldn't help but jump in fright at the deep voice before I ran away not caring who the voice came from. Did I get kidnapped? Who was that? Is he dreaming? Thousands of questions swirled around my fuzzy head. I continued to run until someone caught my eye. Mom! I sprinted to her, throwing my arms around her small figure. "Izuku! You're awake!" She said with relief hugging the shaking boy. "Mom! I didn't know where we were and are you alright! IwassoworriedandIcanprotec-" I felt my breath quicken. If she isn't panicking it's probably alright. We aren't going to die. I swear if anyone even thinks about hurting her I'll tear them apart. Or at least Kacchan will. Kacchan will save us. I took deep breaths I didn't have my utility belt with me and although I'm strong there will clearly be more people and-
"Izuku! Honey! It's okay we're at your friend's house!" mom said. I snapped out of my trance realizing that it's okay. I'm at Ilda's house. I came here to help Ilda and his brother... but I failed... it was too much and...
The thumping in my head got worse as I clutched my mother closer hoping to be able to ground myself. It's all my fault... I should've trained harder... I... i what am I supposed too say? I failed.
"Izuku, you did your best. That's all we can ever ask for. It's alright Izuku." She soothed as I tried to get myself to stop shaking. Taking a deep breath I try to calm down, I am in no position to feel sad. Ilda is going through so much more. I felt my body was quivering but I pulled myself together and smiled. Ilda deserves a supportive friend that can help him smile. I turn to see a woman who looked like Ilda, she must be his mother. I stood straight and tall facing her with as much strength I could muster.
"H-hello Ilda-San. I am so sorry I could not help your eldest son more. But I hope that you can entrust me to help your youngest son and my friend Ilda!" I proclaim as I deeply bow to her. The woman let out a wet laugh.
"Of course. Thank you for being Tenya's friend. I hope you can help him succeed as he grows. And I'll be sure he helps you as well!"
I didn't have to stand up too see that she was smiling. That was the start of a great day, as they all headed to breakfast.