Sports Festival Part 2 Obstacle Course

We walked onto the field where we all stared in horror as Kacchan started to climb up the steps to represent the US to the world. Oh please All Might let him say something respectful and appr- oh what am I saying he won't. Bakugo stood in front of the microphone in his usually cocky posture, "I pledge... to be number one." The whole class almost cried in rage and horror. The other classes are really gonna hate us now. I'm gonna be horrible next time he needs me to wrap his wounds again!

He's serious though, not overconfident. He's dragging himself into a corner, but he got us roped into it too which is not a surprise. "Hey Izuku that reminds me, what's your quirk? We still don't know what it is exactly." Iida also looked at me quite curiously. "You'll find out soon enough..." I laughed. Recovery Girl had made it clear I was strictly on healing duty but I could participate in certain exercises as long as I promised to stay uninjured and help her when she called me. We headed to the obstacle course ready for our first challenge. I took a deep breath as I saw all departments come in behind us. In the corner of my eye I saw the purple haired boy again. What was his name again? Shinsou! He seemed pretty angry yesterday but maybe he'll be nice. At least he doesn't seem noisy anyways, I don't want to make everyone hate me.

"Deku!" Bakugo called from behind me. "Yes?" I ask a bit startled.

"Don't get hurt." With that the blonde walked to the starting line. He's the only student who knows about my quirk so far, and he knows I can't heal myself so maybe this is Kaccahn showing concern? I don't know why but that made me smile. I'm kinda glad Kacchan is in my class. He wasn't the easiest guy to deal with but he's still really kind. Kacchan glared back at me before turning around as he riled himself up for the obstacle course. That's Kacchan for you.

The timer counted down as everyone got into their starting position. Each student with a similar fire and excitement passed through them as the crowd screamed behind us.

READY, SET GO!!!!!!

The students in the hero course booked it, I of course did as well. Kacchan, Iida and Todoroki speeded off. I kept at a normal pace which was faster than most of the students. The first obstacle was the robots, I hadn't seen the schematics for these not that it mattered Kacchan and the other students in the hero course were having at it. I scanned around checking if any student had gotten hurt, fortunately no one yet. Wait- a robot was charging at some students. I noticed the students were originally from the support class. One of the students was on the ground, clutching his leg. He's hurt.

I jumped toward them. "RUN! YOU DUMMIES!" I shouted as I pushed them out of the way dragging the one with the hurt leg with me. The robot wasn't giving up as it just turned to face us. I looked down at the boy I just pulled out. His leg wasn't to hurt just a sprain, his friends had run far from here already. At least they're safe, I placed my hand on his leg. "Hold still okay?" I felt a familiar rush come shoot out my arm and through my fingertips. In an instant his leg was healed. I didn't have time to relax though, I glared at the robot slowly stomping in front of us. Honestly couldn't have the other students finish off these robots?! Kacchan blew up so many he couldn't hit a couple more?! "Stay put okay." I said sweetly, making sure he could sit up.

Like a ninja I ran and jumped onto the robot clutching the arm and I climbed up to see it's head where I could see it's eye. They may be mindless robots but every mindless robot needs a head wire. I hugged it's head, planting my feet onto their chest and pulled. With a snap the head pulled off and the robot fell forward. I jumped off in the nick of time falling perfectly onto my feet. Wow Recovery Girl was right, working on landing really.

That's when I looked down, "AHHHH! GROSS ROBOT HEAD!!!" I threw the robot's head out into another robot breaking it's head off as well. I rubbed my hands on my clothes to get rid of all the germs. Ugh. Oh wait?! Did he run away? I looked behind me to see the student. He stared like I grew another head. Ah man it must be because I looked weird or maybe i was because I was too rash. "Are you an angel?"

An angel? What the heck? "Uhhhh.... no? Anyways, shouldn't you be running the course! Come on you get to show off your gadgets right? If you or anyone else on the field feel sick or are hurt be sure to alert me though!" I cheered holding out my hand. He took it with a smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at the ground in front of me. It was full of landmines but thanks to my bandages and an adrenaline shot I got here right behind Kacchan and Todoroki. I couldn't lose when I was so close, but what can I do? That's when I remembered Kacchan's quirk could help him. Sorry Kacchan but I'm going to be stealing your idea. I pulled out another box from my utility belt, and pressed a button to take out my portable patient bed made of stainless steel. My utility belt has any medical supplies Recovery girl has given me mostly all of it was indestructible so it was meant to be used in bad situations. So as I saw my classmates getting farther ahead I slammed it down onto the ground. It rumbled and shook as the mines revved up and. BOOOM!!

I was flying in the sky. I held onto the bars gripping for dear life. After I finish I need to be sure to check out for injuries. The wind roared in my ears clashing with the ringing created by the boom. I need to win. I need to win to prove I'm not useless, I am Izuku MIdoryia. And I will one day be the hero to stand beside Kacchan!!!!

Kacchan and Todorki were speeding up but I wasn't going to lose this time. As I fell back to the ground I pulled my feet in front of me hitting both of their backs to allow me enough energy to slam the bed in front of me. When that one hit the ground roared again I used the bed like a collapsed and shot forward. Wind slapping my face and the roars, ringing and heavy breathing all mixed together in an aggressive symbol in my ears telling me to keep running like I've never done before. I ran as if I needed to save someone. I ran like I wasn't useless or a waste of space. It was dark but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I am Izuku Midoryia. I am a healer in UA's hero course. I am Izuku Midoryia who got 1st place in the obstacle course.

The crowd cheered for me as I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. Uruaka came in and started to congratulate me, "Great job! You looked so amazing"

I hid my face not used to being seen and now that I think about it the whole world knows my quirk too! The. whole. World. "I-it was nothing." I mutter honestly I didn't have a plan I wasn't even sure half the things I did was even gonna help me make it? Oh wait! What about the injured students! I should find Recovery Girl before everyone sees the screens, I'd rather avoid the quirk conversation. Luckily Recovery Girl was in her office but had some security guards help out the injured students so I could heal some of them. Some had some pretty bad burns but other than that it was easy. I gave them each any piece of candy that they;d like and I had on me. Luckily I always have lollipops, chocolates, mints, gum and gummy bears on hand. They looked a little less sad after that and tanked me. I smiled back and tried to lighten the mood a bit asking about their quirks and hobbies. I even got to jot down new notes which is sooo cool!

I hope one day they'll reach their dreams. They seem like a nice bunch. 

As I came back into the stadium I heard the crowd talking about the next challenge and I was ready.