Chapter Eight

"Why are you so quiet baby doll ?" Adam asked Rosa who was sitting quietly on one of the counter chairs. He knows the Rosa always so quiet but he could see that something was eating her up inside. Adam also wasn't expecting her to tell him anything. She never spoke up to him or Melisa, but always the 'special room'. "It's nothing dad, I'm on my periods." Rosa answered bluntly and Adam didn't wanna press on the situation because he knew that that was not the issue. So he just nods his head and carries on drinking his coffee. One way or another, whatever Rosa was thinking about was going to come out and it won't be pleasant.

"You're up early." A new voice joined and Rosa didn't need to turn around to know that the voice belonged to Tristan. She didnt tense up, because she didn't wanna seem like she knew anything, and that's how she wanted it to remain. "Well son, we're always the first one's to get up. Why are you up so early ?" Adam asked him in return. "I always go on morning runs, so I was planning on going one now actually. Rosa , care to join me ?" Tristan asked he held up two water bottles. From the looks of it, Rosa could see that Tristan didn't know that she overheard the conversation between him and her mother so thats how she wanted it to be kept. "Yeah, just me a few minutes to get ready." She answered heading to her room for a change of clothes.
...
The run that Tristan and Rosa had was rather quiet and ended quicker than expected because it started to snow. Rosa could have easily went to the gym, but it was closed. So they ended up back home and took hot showers, and were now seated in front of fire place with everyone around drinking their own cups of cocoa.

"So Rosa tell us, what are you currently busy with. Are you working ? Studying ? Or just taking a break like our Tristan here ?" Mr Young, Andrew, asked sipping his hot cocoa. "Well Mr Young, I'm currently studying to be a therapist. Its something that has been on my mind since I was still a young kid, and my parents approve so that was just a bonus." Rosa answered truthfully. Her parents at first had not agreed because of her disorder, but they couldn't force and decide for their daughters future. "Excellent choice in career. I myself am a physiologist so it's nice knowing someone in the same work field as I ." Charlene answered as she got excited.

After that everyone started to converse with each other and the environment was filled with happy energy. Rosa, however, kept thinking back to what she had witnessed and overheard in the early morning. She tried not thinking about it but it always just seem to come back. The only thing that made her think so hard was the fact that she was back. It's been a while since she's really made an appearance, and whenever she did, nothing could go right again. She was a danger to everyone and Rosa feared that she might just hurt Tristan.
...
*4 days later*

"What's wrong baby girl ? You've been down ever since the Young family came. Is it Tristan ? Did he do anything to hurt you ?" Melisa frantically asked her daughter as she saw her in her blankets looking depressed. Melisa had witnessed Rosa's mood change drastically after the first night and this was not how she wanted things to go for her plan. "Nothing mother. Absolutely nothing." Rosa answered and basically buried herself in her blankets. "Oh sweetie, you do know that I'm a good listener." She said as she sat on the edge of Rosa's bed. "Mom I'm on my periods, and it's probably my moods." Rosa lied again instead of telling her the real reason.

Rosa would never tell her mother anything because she knew that if she did, she wouldn't even be here. She never really trusted her mother because she would turn everything around and make things about her. That's why she always felt comfortable talking to herself, or going to the 'special room'.

"Awe, baby I could make you some chicken soup so you could keep you warm. And I could also get you some snacks if that would make you feel better." Melisa said standing up heading out of Rosa's room. Rosa just nods her head in response and her mother exist the room before closing the door. "Couldnt she have left sooner ?" She asked herself as she took out the hidden book from underneath her pillow.
...
After her mother had brought the soup and snacks, Rosa had to pretend to be better and to actually go sit with the rest of the family. "We just got off the phone with your grandfather, he said he'll be here for Christmas." Melisa stated excitedly. "And what about the wife ?" Rosa asked plopping down next to Tristan. Melisa went quickly from excited to pissed. 'I stroke a nerve.' Rosa thought to herself. "She will not be with us this year." She mumbled going through the magazine that was in her hands.

The only reason why Melissa's mood went sour was because of the mention of the wife. Melisa never loved her father's wife. Why ? Not only was the girl in the same age group as Rosa but she barely saw her father grieve over the death of his wife- her grandmother. She not only saw the girl as a homewrecker but also a gold digger. They were rich and he was old, so the girl basically saw an opportunity for easy money. At least that was what Melisa thought.

It was tense and the Young family noticed. "How about a game of 30 seconds." Charlene suggested unsure of how the others would feel about the suggestion. "Yeah that would be lovely. Let me go fetch it in the attic." Adam said as he did a slight jog to the attic and came back after a few minutes with the game. The two families then paired against each other and started playing.

Charlene looked around and saw smiles on the two families. She lived what was happening but at the same time envied it. She saw the perfect family -the Black family- and she envied what they had. The love, joy and togetherness, she envied it.

Charlene also wanted a perfect family and she would do anything so she could have it. She was basically desperate and she had to endure a couple of months and then she would pull out. Even though she envied the Black family, Melisa sure did pull out all the stops and that's the only reason she was here. She couldn't wait until this whole facade would end.
...

Chapter Eight done and dusted !
I just would really say thank you to all the readers so far and for the readers that actually vote on each chapter, y'all are deeply appreciated !
To the silent readers also, thank you !

Don't forget to vote and comment y'all❤️