Chapter One

*One year and six months earlier*

"Class dismissed." The lecturer said as he switched off the slide. Rosa let out a sigh as she started placing her MacBook and her notes in her over sized sling bag.

Rosa wasn't the outgoing and 'knowing everyone' type. She was more on the reserved and nerdy side. She actually loved being alone but sometimes it got to her head making her a little crazy, but other than that she was totally fine.

As she was walking down the pathway heading to her apartment, a young man called out to her. "Yo' ma ! You looking pretty fine shawty !" The young man said as his friends looked and laughed at the scene. "I'm talking to you ma !" He shouted again but Rosa kept her pace and always looked down.

His friends laughed at him some more as they see Rosa not paying any attention to him. "Man fuck you ! You ain't even pretty." He said obviously giving up. Rosa was used to all the comments but she didn't let it show. A few silent minutes later, she had finally made it to her apartment.

She obviously lived alone and she liked - no - she loved it !

Rosa heads to her room and placed her sling bag neatly next to her computer stand, and carries on to her small bathroom. She stares into the mirror looking at her brown skin, her shaven head that had just the right amount of hair on. And her eyes. Her eyes were the most interesting, she had her dark coffee eyes hidden behind her glasses.

Rosa shakes her head like she was in a trance. Opening the cabinet with the mirror where she could not see herself in anymore, she takes out her prescribed medication and placed all three containers on the basin.

"I am strong." She said taking one pill from the first container.

"I am beautiful." She said taking her second pill from the second container.

"And I am powerful !" She exclaimed taking her third pill from the third container.

..•..

First chapter done and dusted. Let me take this opportunity to say that's this is my first time writing in the third person form and its kinda fun. If there are any grammar problems or anything, kindly state them in the commenting section or message me.

Don't forget to vote ❤️!!!