09: Robin Hood

"Are you sure he said we could take this mission?" Shadow asked as she unbuckled herself.

"Yes. He left the file out." He tells her as they walk around the abandoned factory.

"That doesn't mean you just take the damn file. He's gonna find us any minute now and then I'm going to have to go back to school." Shadow whined.

"I have half a mind to report you two for grand theft auto." Shadow jumps as the voice enters the coms.

"I'd like to hear that call. 'Hello, police? My son and daughter stole the Batmobile.'' Damian mocked.

"I'm not an accomplice in this." Shadow says. "Just so you're clear about that."

"You find this amusing?" Batman asked.

"A little." They responded in sync, continuing to survey their surroundings.

"I called and told you to meet us up here, didn't I?" Damian asked.

"But what does a town that was wiped out by floods three years ago have to do with the children that have gone missing in Gotham?" He asked. They stopped in front of the tattered wooden fence and peeked inside.

"Maybe nothing." Robin started. "But I found it a little odd that everyone of them owned toys made here." They move in and run across the snowy ground to a window.

"You could've shared the information a little sooner." Batman chided.

"An alternate response might be, 'Good work, Robin.' But I guess I expect too much." He pointed up to the window and Shadow nods.

"I'm still a mile out. Don't do anything till I get there." Batman orders.

"No can do bateroo. If we wait too long it might be too late for the kids." Shadow tells him as Damian opens the window and jumps down with her following.

Shadow holds up her hand and a green light illuminates their surroundings. Dolls are hanging from the ceiling on chains. "That's not creepy at all."

"Remember, Robin. Justice..."

"Not vengeance." Robin finished. They walk to a door and open it showing a staircase. "The original owner was a man named Winslow Schott. A psychopathic killer." Robin debriefed as he looks around with his flashlight.

"Sent to prison 12 years ago by the testimony of his son and primary victim, Anton." Shadow continues . Robin shines his light on a table with bloody medical instruments.

"The son eventually took over the business, did a damn good job of it until the floods came." Batman finished as they walked past cages with children in them .

Robin bends down and flashes his light. "Hardly major news. How do you... Oh, right. Your specialty." A little boy slams his hands against the bars and they turned to face him. His little sound set off a domino effect and the sound of whimpering children I heard. "Victimized...children."

Shadow uses her powers to morph her staff into a sword and raises her arm to cut the lock. "You're worried about the little ones?" A voice asked from the shadowy doorway. His appearance made the children cower away from the bars.

"Don't be." He says dropping the bucket of liquid revealing his masked face. "You see, I love them more than you can ever know." He twists his neck.

"Schott?" Robin asked.

"Anton Schott died when he was a little boy." He says walking towards them. "When the monster took away his innocence. I'm not Anton. I am the Dollmaker."

"Red flag." Shadow says as the sword morphs into twin fans.

Dollmaker pulls on a chain and opens a metal door and several cylinder doors. "And I've done everything in my power to help the little ones survive." Little kids with doll masks hiss as they walk towards them.