Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Aye, where is Ayaansh!" They heard a yell and from the living room and as he got closer to the room, Sahil muttered something under his breath which she couldn't hear well.

"I will surely meet Ayaansh today!" Aditya was still yelling and this time because he was near, Ayaansh stirred in his almost sleepy state.

"This fucker," The curse was heard by Srishti this time and she winced glaring at Sahil and covering her son's ears.

Just as Aditya halted near the door, his eyes landed on Ayaansh who was blinking his eyes lazily in his half-sleepy state. Glancing at Sahil he found him giving a cold glare to which he smiled sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

"Sorry." He whispered but Srishti just smiled and blinked her eyes.

"Why is he always sleeping?" There came the whine again and the look on his face. Srishti pursed her lips to prevent the laugh and scare Ayaansh.

Sahil got up and pulled Aditya outside but not before shutting the door behind. Srishti shook her head and continued with her humming. Five minutes later she looked at him and he was sleeping soundly. With a smile she kissed his head and placed him in the crib before covering him properly and moving out of the room.

"Can't you keep quiet?" Sahil's tone was hard and Srishti hurried her steps.

"How would I know he would be sleeping, again." Aditya grumbled sitting on the couch with a frown on his face.

"Even though if he was not sleeping, you can't come barging inside yelling like a madman. There's a kid in this house now so you need to stop behaving like one." The last line was laced with humour and she could sense it but Aditya just huffed and looked away.

The poor man was always excited to meet Ayaansh and every time something or the other would stop him.

"Aditya," Srishti called out walking towards him and he just glanced at her once before going back to sulking.

"Where is Zevah?" She asked to change the topic and he stood up in a jerk at once startling her. His eyes widened and mouth hung open as he covered it with his palm hurriedly.

"I forgot her." He said horrified and Srishti's eyes widened as well.

"I was trying to recall throughout the journey what was I forgetting and it was her. Shit!" He cursed and Srishti blinked her eyes at him.

"God bless you." She said and he gave her a confused look.

"What?" Sahil asked instead of Aditya and she sighed.

"She's going to be pissed. Like really pissed." She informed and Aditya felt like killing himself. He was so gone!

────────

"Where were you?" Was the first thing Zevah asked as he reached back to his office. He refused to look her way but she still stopped him.

"Uh, work?" It came out as a question rather than a statement. Zevah narrowed her eyes at him and crossed her arms.

"Which work? I have your schedule." He gulped and pressed his lips into a thin line.