Chapter Four. Friends, but just for the night.

Chapter four

“Mother-rrrrrrrr,” I drawled out as I watched, with my friends following behind me, as my mum sat in the holding cell arm wrestling with some overly large lady who had half of her head shaved and a large scar over her right eye. Mum sat with her back to me and my friends as she pushed the other lady’s arm getting closer and closer each second to winning the arm wrestling match.

“I will be out in a jiffy Mill, just give me a second…” she huffed as she pushed harder on the other lady's arm, “go talk to officer Kelly she misses you!” Mum said as she lost some ground but pushed hard to get back the space as all the women in the cell were watched intensely shouting out who they wanted to win.

I just smiled at the back of my mother. She was wearing low riding tight black jeans with a white shirt. Her dark long hair fell down her back and I chuckled as I noticed her 4 inch brown heels, only my mother… I thought as I walked toward the bail desk where officer Kelly was broadly trying to balance a pencil on her nose. “It’s great to know how dedicated to the job the police are around here,” I said as I came up to Kelly. She jumped trying to catch the pencil as it fell off her face and spin around to face me at the same time.

She was panicked for all of three seconds until she finally realized who I was. “MILLIE!” Kelly screeched and lent over her desk to give me a quick hug.

“Hey Kelly! How are you doing?” she ran her hand through her graying hair and smiled.

“Well your mum is keeping me busy as always. What about you? How were all those snobby boarding schools?” Kelly asked with a humored tone and smile.

“You know the different countries were cool, but I got over the people pretty quickly,” I said with a casual shrug.

“That's right, I remember your mum was telling me a few months ago that you punched another girl in the face for what was it again?” Kelly faked dumb wanting me to fill in the blanks to her sentence. I rolled my eyes but followed her lead.

“Well that girl was asking for it, I mean really coming in when I was showering,” I said stiffly aware that my new friends where listening in.

“Millie it was a shared bathroom at an all girl’s boarding school…oh how you take after your mother,” said Kelly with a smile and I smiled back.

“Speaking of my mother, how much is it going to cost for my double offending pyromaniac?” Kelly laughed and pulled out a piece of paper and handed it over to me. I read the details and found out Mother decided to set fire to someone’s car. I had a feeling this had to do with one of her ‘kid’s’ from the kids’ shelters she runs, it always is.

I pulled out my wallet and my special credit card dad had set up so I could pay mother’s bail when ever needed. “Ok so it’s just three thousand two hundred and sixty eight dollars for this time, well you know the drill Kelly,” I said handing her the card. She just chuckled taking the card and I took the papers to sign. I knew where to sign and where to date, what to write and what not to write; I had done this plenty of times before so I knew how this worked.