04. Something Naughty

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god! How did you get that?!" Levy exclaimed and laughed hard. "A-And is this really true?!"

"H-Hey, what's--"

"Luceee!" Natsu suddenly came and dragged her out of the guild.

"What--"

"Help me, Luce! I got Gildarts' name and I don't know what gift I should give him!"

Lucy's face turned red. "E-Eh why are you asking me?! I'm a girl, Natsu!"

"Oh? So I should only ask a guy?"

"Of course!"

Natsu held his chin and closed his eyes. "But I helped Juvia earlier," he murmured, intriguing Lucy more about Juvia's gift.

THE CHRISTMAS DAY is finally here. For the past three days, Fairy Tail Wizards were busy searching for their something naughty gift.

"Luce, hurry! We'll be late!" Natsu shouted from the outside.

"Coming!"

Lucy wore her pink winter coat and white scarf. She slipped into her brown boots and grabbed her Celestial Keyholder and placed it inside her pink backpack where she also put her gift for Erza, Natsu and Happy.

She giggled as she stared at Natsu wearing a brown winter coat with a red turtleneck sweater underneath, black cargo pants, and a boots. His scarf is still on his neck.

"What's with the get-up? A Fire Mage feeling cold?" she teased, a puff of cold escaping her lips.

Natsu frowned and shoved his hands in his coat's pocket as they started walking under the darkening sky with falling snow. Christmas lights hanging on the houses and store's walls, windows, or doors, were lighting the whole town together with the light posts in every streets.

"Gray forced it on me."

Lucy stared at him in shock, and then laughed seconds after. "Someone who doesn't even know that he's naked forced you? Seriously." She looked beside him, looking for a certain blue cat.

"Happy?" she asked. Natsu furrowed his brows.

"Do I look sad?"

The blonde only stared at him in disbelief. "I mean, where's Happy? Your blue exceed."

"Oh. He went to the guild first with our gifts. You know, he's excited to place it under the Christmas Tree."

"I'm sure that's not the only reason. He's always excited to see Carla."

Natsu just shrugged and stayed silent. Lucy, on the other hand, was busy breathing to her palm to keep it warm. Then she remembered that she has a winter gloves, so she quickly searched for it inside her bag. But to her disappointment, she only had a single glove while the pair was probably left in her apartment.

She sighed and wore the glove on her right hand. While she keeps on breathing on her bare left.

"Give me your hand," Natsu suddenly demanded. Lucy looked at him in confusion, making a pink taint creep on his cheeks. "Give me your hand, Luce."

Lucy slowly reached for him. Once his warm large hand covered hers, her heart started palpitating like there's no tomorrow. She watched him brought her hand near his lips. Her lips parted as she let out a sigh when she felt his warm breath fanning her skin.

"Still cold?" he asked and glanced at her. She shook her head momentarily.

She silently cursed herself from feeling nervous. Why does she feel nervous if it's only her long-time friend?! It's Natsu! So what's with Natsu? This simple gesture of him isn't new. There's a lot more embarrassing moments they had shared together than this!