3.5 - burning in water, drowning in flames

ivy stood sadly as she watched people try to put out the fire in the old couple's house

she'd spoken to them many times before. they were always so sweet to her, treating her as their own grandchild. they were always so interested in her background and culture.

only when her eyes moved from the flames to troy did she realize how they looked. she had only one of his button up shirts and a tiny pair of shorts. his hair stuck up all over the place, though he had been quick enough to actually get dressed.

ivy wrapped her arms around herself upon the realization and hoped to god no one made the connection.

"the fire interrupt something?" madison asked her with a sly smile

ivy chuckled "not much, just studying."

"studying what? anatomy?"

jeremiah pushed to the front of the crowd and raised his hand "stop!"

the men throwing water in the house did as he said, turning to listen to what he was going to tell them

"they're gone. save the water." he said, turning slowly "let it burn."

ivy shrugged as she worked her knife under one of the rocks in her boot "i dont know, i think it's kind of sweet

ivy shrugged as she worked her knife under one of the rocks in her boot "i dont know, i think it's kind of sweet." she looked up at troy "dying with the love of your life? thats cute"

troy shook his head "just because someone you love dies doesn't mean you have to. if i die, i don't want you to"

ivy decided that he was right and nodded in agreement with him. the rock in her shoe popped out, and she sighed "finally."

"you don't have to come if you don't want, dolly." troy said and placed his hand on her thigh

she placed her hand on his "i want to go! in fact, let's get this show on the road"

she pressed her palm down on her horn, looking out the window at madison talking to her kids.

madison looked back at her before turning back to nick and alicia.