3.13 - this land is your land

in the pantry, alicia spots blake secretly examining a bite wound on his stomach

in the pantry, alicia spots blake secretly examining a bite wound on his stomach. ofelia informs alicia that the pantry's air vent is broken and they realize they will run out of air if they don't fix the fan.

troy begins digging a grave for jake, nick tells him to stop and help save the ranch. he asks ivy if she's feeling better, and she thanks him for being so nice to her.

blake guesses it will take at least an hour each way to crawl through the air shaft and clear the blocked fan. alicia calculates that they have two hours before the carbon dioxide kills everyone in the pantry. they decide to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide by killing bitten survivors. crazy dog wants top strip-search everyone to find out who has been bitten, but ofelia and alicia worry that the people won't react well to force. alicia calmly announces that the air vent is broken and asks people who have been bitten to step forward. no one volunteers until blake reveals his wound, prompting more people to step forward.

nick, troy, and ivy devise a plan to direct the herd away from the pantry. troy says that they drive through the herd, but ivy suggests they blow up the fuel reserve. nick likes ivy's plan more and they get in the truck and head toward the ranch.

ofelia and crazy dog climb into the air shaft while alicia and blake inform the survivors who have been bitten that they will get a large dose of morphine to knock them unconscious before they die. the survivors start to rethink their decision, so christine, one of the survivors, persuades the others to stay.

eventually, a man from walker's side offers to go first. he lies on the floor in another room while alicia injects morphine into his arm. once it kicks in, with blake's help, she drives a knife through his head. alicia then leaves the room and cries, and christine urges her to remain calm for the sake of the survivors.

outside, nick fires a grenade to lure Infected away from their path to the fuel. he, ivy, and troy race toward the fuel reserve in their truck but, with the windscreen covered in blood and troy driving too fast, they crash into an rv. they run to a nearby helicopter and barely make it inside. once the door is shut, troy laughs, and the infected surround the helicopter.

when blake tells alicia it's time for his own death, he cries and apologizes for all the people he killed with troy before alicia injects him with morphine. she then returns to the main room and everyone stares at her in silence.

ofelia and crazy dog crawl through the shaft, and she tells him to turn feet first so that they can lower themselves down a drop. crazy dog tries before getting stuck and hyperventilating. he explains to ofelia that he has suffered from ptsd ever since fighting in iraq and they take a few moments for him to recuperate.

alicia and christine rest in the pantry together, christine telling alicia that she regrets hiding from the world on the ranch during her last years prior to the apocalypse and she urges alicia never to make decisions based on fear.

alicia and christine share some of their favorite memories and alicia describes a memory about nick. she says that she used to look up to nick before she starts to nod off, then realizing that christine and everyone else in the pantry is either unconscious or dead because the air has nearly run out.

ivy turns on the helicopter rotors to try and kill some of the infected. this works, but the remaining infected then break through the glass and start to force their way in.

alicia wakes up and sees an infected woman eating a corpse before the infected woman attacks her. alicia stabs the woman and then passes out and more survivors turn while she is unconscious.

ofelia and crazy dog arrive at the fan and find an infected man lodged in the blades. crazy dog helps ofelia up so that she can kill the infected, but he passes out, causing them all to fall to the ground. ofelia shoots the man and the fan starts whirring, pushing air through the shaft and into the pantry.

revived by the fresh air, alicia wakes up and starts fighting infected. she drags christine into the armory and closes the gate before grabbing a gun and killing the infected people in the pantry.

troy says that he only has two bullets left and offers them to nick and ivy as infected overrun the chopper. ivy looks like she's going to take it, but they're interrupted by a loud blast.

alicia hears the explosion and continues shooting the infected, putting them down with her knife when she runs out of ammunition. she fights hard but she is soon overwhelmed. the pantry doors open and madison runs in with strand, walker, nick, ivy, and troy to save her. alicia then tries to wake christine and realises she's dead. before leaving, she makes sure christine doesn't turn by stabbing her in the head.

alicia rests in the water tanker while madison gazes upon the decimated ranch. she tells nick that they are driving to the trading post and then to the dam. madison then reveals to ofelia that daniel is alive, and ofelia is devastated.

nick watches ivy and troy talk from afar. he can't tell what they're saying, but he assumes they've gotten back on good terms after seeing them hug.

alicia realises that jake isn't with them and asks where he is. nick tells her that jake is dead after being bit by a horde, and alicia asks where they came from. nick covers for both troy and ivy, saying that the two spotted the herd of dead but was too late in warning them.

alicia tells madison that she wants to find a way to live for herself that doesn't involve running from place to place in fear. she then reveals a plan to live alone in the cabin that jake told her about before leaving in a truck.

nick tells madison he will meet her at the dam after he follows alicia to make sure she reaches her destination safely, and madison tells him to take troy and ivy.

madison's group leaves in the water tanker, ofelia and crazy dog sitting on the back, while nick, troy, and ivy follow alicia at a distance.