3.1 - eye of the beholder

ivy yawned as she walked into the lab bathrooms, noticing the soldier that was supposed to be on watch was sleeping instead

ivy yawned as she walked into the lab bathrooms, noticing the soldier that was supposed to be on watch was sleeping instead. the man he was supposed to be watching was already turned, too. all he needed to do was wait until he came back to life and write it down.

"hey" she said loudly, kicking his boot

he shot up, standing tall but nervous in front of her

"he - he's been down 11 hours, 8 minutes"

"you know when he resurrected?"

the man looked at his feet as other soldiers walked in behind ivy

"no...i nodded off."

ivy rolled her eyes and nodded toward the door "go."

she sighed and moved a bit closer toward the turned man. his wrists were tied together, wrapped around one of the shower heads to keep him from biting anyone. still, he snarled and struggled to get toward her.

"troy send you instead?" a man's voice, whom she recognized as willy's, said from behind her

"mmhmm." she hummed, grabbing the man's clipboard from the counter

"why's that? got sidetracked giving you another one of those hickies?"

she hoped no one would notice. she even wore one of troy's jackets with the collar up.

ivy gave the blonde man a fake smile and handed him the clipboard "funny." she said flatly

"we're out of here in - what - 24 hours? is that right, ivy?"

she nodded

willy shrugged as he eyed the six people sitting against the wall by the door. "we'll do two. two to start the day."

"no, troy said-"

willy cut her off with a smile "troy doesn't care how they get dead. come on, ive, we'll make it a race. spice this shit up a bit."

her hand instinctively moved to rest on the gun in her waistband. she shook her head and moved toward the door with a sigh.

"just remember, it won't be me that troy will be angry with."