The Envelope

The Envelope - 8

Harry POV
It’s been a couple of days since I went round to Taylors the last time, I went to give her a letter but unsurprisingly she wasn’t there – as usual. I gave the letter to her roommate though because I knew that at least if she had it then there was a chance which Taylor could read it.

FLASHBACK
I stood on the doorstep to Taylor’s apartment, I held a white envelope with her name on the front in my hand and waited for the door to open up. It was just after lunchtime so I hoped her roommate would be out so I could see Taylor, if she was in of course. However when the door opened and I saw Taylor’s roommate standing on the other side I knew that I had been wrong and her roommate was here and not out.
“She’s not here” Taylor’s roommate said, I knew that she knew me rather well now and even if I only know her name which happens to be Alice, she clearly knows why I’m here.
“Well I’m not going to lie and say I hadn’t been hoping that she was…But can you give her something for me? Or if not just put it somewhere which she’ll find it. I have completely run out of idea to get her back and I’m honestly not going to try anymore, just give that to her for me please” I say as I hand the envelope to Alice and turn to walk away down the stairs.

“She doesn’t hate you” Alice spoke up, I turned round looking rather confused, if Taylor doesn’t hate me then why is she avoiding me and my eye contact so much then?
“Sorry? What was that?” I ask trying to work out what Alice is trying to tell me and if it’s any worth to me.
“Taylor, she doesn’t hate you. However she’s rather badly heartbroken at the moment and sorry but that’s all on you…She worked so hard with you simply to help you get over the alcohol problem you had and also be there for Olivia which is why she was so hurt to know you had been drinking again. It wasn’t the fact that you slept with someone else even though that did play a role in it, you did the most damage by drinking"Alice paused as if she was thinking what to say next.

"The alcohol on your breath brought back memories for her of her past, she fought to bring her walls down for you and let you in or try to but your actions just put her walls back up again and she’s more guarded. However I know that given the right push she’ll come round, show her that you’re not like her past and you won’t do things like the things which happened in her past. Show her how you really feel about her and maybe she’ll come round” Alice explained and I nodded, she had pretty much said what was in the letter which I had written which was in the envelope I had just given her. I knew that this was my last and only chance but it was a chance I was seriously hoping would work as I needed Taylor back, I wanted her to be mine again.
END FLASHBACK

So that was the reason which I was here sitting at a bench in front of the bird exhibit in the National History Museum because that had been the first place where I had kissed Taylor. This was also the place where I had written in my letter to come and meet me if she wanted to give it another try. But the National History Museum was closing soon and well tonight was the only night which I was going to come and wait for her, if she didn’t come before it closed then at least I would know that I would simply have to try and get over her. Taylor is not the kind of person you can just get over though, she’s someone who once you have her you want to keep her and if you lose her then you fight like hell to get her back – she’s one of a kind.
M: Olivia wants to know if Taylor has come yet? Mum texted and I knew that Olivia would want to know, she is an incredibly nosey little girl especially when it comes to Taylor. Though it wasn’t exactly like I minded to be honest, I like Taylor and so I’m not surprised that Olivia doesn’t want anything to happen to her either.
H: No mum, she’s not here yet but I have half an hour before it closes so if she reads the letter then she’ll be here I texted back knowing that mum would want to know too, she had to know all about the reason why she was looking after my daughter this afternoon and not Taylor who is paid to do so.