Hospital (Part 2)

Hospital (Part 2) - 37

Taylor POV
I couldn’t get my mind off how lifeless Harry appeared lying there in that hospital bed, his hand was cold and still. The tubes that he had sticking in and out of him all over the place were rather scary and I’d never seen someone so fragile in my entire life. There was a beeping sound coming from the machine next to Harry’s bed but Alex told me that meant that Harry was still alive and showed Harry’s heartbeat. There was a slight quickening in that beat when I sat down and took Harry’s hand in mine which Alex said was clear evidence that Harry knew that I was really there with him which made me smile. Alex quickly left after he was sure that I was settled but I thanked him for getting me in here again and told him that I would tell Alice when I was leaving. Gemma stood by the door but told me to just act like she wasn’t here, she was here to support me but I could think that she wasn’t here. 

“Hey baby, what did you do this time to wind up back here again? I don’t remember this ever being part of the plan to go out with the boys” I say smiling and looking down at his hand in mine, thinking about how big it was compared to my hands.
“Gemma rang me and told me that you were here and I came straight away, now Charles might get a speeding ticket for how fast he got me here but I’ll pay it as he did amazingly to get me here. The kids are with Alfred but your dad was going to head over with Max to look after them for me and probably take them to the movies or something so I can be here with you. You being here isn’t helping your case for some of my cookies, knowing your dads love for them I can’t even guarantee that there will be some for you when you get home – I guess that’s an excuse to make more” I say laughing a little at my own joke, trying to bring humour to this conversation when really it was only me talking.
“Harry, you can’t leave me. There are so many things that you’re going to miss out on if you don’t come back to me and I think you know exactly what I’m talking about when I say that. I was trying to keep this a surprise from you but I’ve booked us a weekend away at the Hilton in LA, I thought our ‘Adult Night’ could be a weekend thing but I guess I’ll have to cancel that now. Unless you come back to me and we can still go. You leave me like this and I won’t be the same person as I am now, I dint know what true love was until I met you and if you leave me then I won’t survive anymore because I would have lost you – I can’t lose you!” I say tearing up and taking a moment to try and pull myself back together, I couldn’t break down in front of him as that was not the point of coming in here.

 “Babe, Olivia can’t lose you after all the pain she went through with losing her mom, Anthony asked me earlier tonight where you were as you two were supposed to be building a tower together. If you don’t come back to us then you’re really going to break him into pieces with the fact he won’t know what he can believe in anymore. We need you and honestly I can’t love another man the same way which I’ve come to love you, come back to me? Please baby?” I say begging Harry and just forgetting about my composure. I was a mess already and I knew that I didn’t need to be strong in front of Harry as he wouldn’t care how I was if he was here, he’d just want to hold me and I wanted him to hold me right now. I knew that if Harry was really in there like everyone kept telling me and he could really hear me and how much I’m in pain then hopefully he would come back to me and I’m not leaving until he does.  

Minutes turned to hours, hours to days, days to weeks and there was still no change with Harry. He’d been in a coma now for nearly a month and there had been absolutely no change in his condition. The doctors were beginning to suggest turning off life support but there was no way that I would do that as I wouldn’t give up on him. For all the doctors knew I was his fiancé and so I called the shots but really I just didn’t want to lose him in the hope that he really would come back to me. The past couple of weeks which he’s been here have been the hardest weeks of my life because they have really shown me how much I need him in my life to be completely happy like he makes me. I’d focused completely on college this time, leaving his business to his father who knew more about it all than I did but I still had everything at home under control. It’s almost October now and so Harry and I had nearly been going out for 8 months which is why I needed him back with me not to mention all the exciting things coming up for us. My parents came to New York to help me out the minute which they heard about the accident and Harry’s condition which I was absolutely grateful for to be honest. Olivia had loved meeting my parents and have even ‘adopted them as her own’ which meant she had 3 pairs of grandparents now to spoil her but my parents didn’t care as they loved her and would love spoiling her like they would.

I was in my last class for the week on Friday afternoon when I felt my phone start to vibrate, signalling someone was calling me and I looked to see the hospital. I wasn’t really prepared to argue with them over the phone how I wouldn’t turn Harry’s life support off and let him slip away as he would come out of this – that had been my arguments this week. I picked it up anyway in a hope that they were calling for a different matter this time.
“Ms Swift?” A voice asked as I picked up the phone and grabbed my stuff before leaving the class.
“Yes it is, what’s up?” I asked hoping that the answer to this would at least give me a name or some kind of introduction so I could have a name to use if it’s needed.
“I’m ringing about Mr Styles, he’s waking up and his sister requested I ring you right away” The voice said and I couldn’t believe it, that news was the best news I had heard in a very long time, I had to get to the hospital right now. I called the car and made Charles take me to the hospital again, I couldn’t wait to see Harry awake and waiting for me. However I made sure to call my parents and get them to pick up the kids for me this afternoon, which they were more than happy to do of course. 

Harry POV
I couldn’t believe it when I finally got my eyes to open, I’d been trying to get them to open for weeks but nothing was working and I was just tiring myself out from how hard I’d been trying. However I had been really wanting to open my eyes since I first heard Taylor pleading with me each and every day to come back to her, she seemed to be more and more upset every day but I was trying to get back to her even when she probably didn’t think so. When I opened my eyes I instantly had to shut them again because of the light which was blinding me but I knew that at least if my eyes were opening now then I would be able to use them shortly when they adjust to the light”. 

“Mr Styles? How nice that you finally decided to come back to us” The doctor said as he walked in once the nurses had me sitting up again and adjusted the lighting so I could stand the lights with my eyes open.
“Ta...Taylor” I croaked out, I had no idea my throat would be so dry. But then again I have no idea how long I’ve been out for so I suppose that could affect it a little. My throat did feel like sand paper rubbing together and it hurt like hell to talk that was for sure.
“No, No don’t talk. You’ve been out of it for nearly a month and so you’re throat has been really dry and needs time to adjust to talking again. Here take a few sips of this and they we will have to put you on an oxygen tube which will just help you to breathe normally again now that you’re with us and breathing on your own” The doctor said as he handed me a cup with a straw, it was full of water and felt amazing as I drank a few sips. I kept my eyes on the door and I could see Mum, Dad and Gemma all standing around outside though I couldn’t see Taylor out there with them. I hoped that she was close by as I needed to see her and let her know that everything was going to be alright now and I wasn’t going anywhere. 

 Whilst I’d been asleep, I wasn’t completely out of it as I had heard every person that had come to talk to me. Sometimes I would really listen to what they were saying and be a little sad that I had no way to show them I was really there, other times I couldn’t have cared less what the person said and slept through it all really – particularly when my mother was involved. However I was most attentive when Taylor’s sweet voice was talking to me, she would hold her hand in mine and talk to me about the children and how they are doing at school or what they had been up to. She told me that both Anthony and Olivia wanted to come and see me though as I was in Intensive care they couldn’t as children weren’t allowed in Intensive care. That just made me want to fight harder so I would be able to go home to them again or if I got moved to another ward then they could come and see me in here. 

“Don’t worry she’s coming, the nurse rang her as soon as you started to wake up” Gemma said once she was given the all clear to come inside the room, clearly she knew who I was most desperate to see and I don’t know whether that is because the doctor told her what I said when I first tried talking or if she could just read me and know what I wanted. I returned the smile to Gemma but my mother took it as being happy to see her as I was smiling at Gemma when Mum and Dad came into the room. I was happy to see my dad don’t get me wrong but I did wish Mum wasn’t here because I know that she had probably made Taylor’s life hell when I wasn’t there.
“Thank goodness you’re awake!” Mum said hugging me tight and I winced in pain as I was rather sore from how badly by body was affected by the crash and her hugs were crushing my already sore ribs.
“Mum, you’re hurting him. He’s only been awake a little while and can’t quite handle your hugs yet” Gemma says standing beside the bed and I smile to her as thanks. I couldn’t take my eyes off the door though as I wanted to see Taylor walk through the door any minute now and I wouldn’t be happy until she was here because she had been so upset when she was here with me before and I didn’t want that now I was awake and she didn’t have to be scared or upset anymore.

A/N: So he's awake now, what will it be like when Taylor arrives back at the hospital? Is His mother going to cause problems for them both or will they just leave Taylor and Harry to talk? All this and more to come in the next few chapters of this story. 
15 Comments = New Chapter
i could never have let Harry die as that's just to cruel (and you woudl all have killed me) though it was kind of sweet how on edge you all were about it and eager for the next chapter. But like i say, you keep commenting and voting on the story then i'll keep writing. 
Until Next Time :)