First Day Of School

First Day Of School - 32

Taylor POV
we’ve been in New York again for about a week now and things are still a bit bumpy between Olivia and Anthony but that’s to be expected. Neither one of them liked the fact that had to share with each other now, Anthony particularly wasn’t comfortable staying around Olivia all the time which made Olivia upset. However Olivia was just so happy that she had a younger brother now and so she was excited by being around him which was daunting to Anthony when he’s not been living with other children or really be around other children much before. Anthony wasn’t as outgoing and friendly like Olivia was but then again looking at the way these two have been brought up it doesn’t surprise me, I’m not as outgoing as Harry is and that makes sense to show that Anthony isn’t as outgoing as Olivia is. Another factor of it is the fact Olivia has been at school for a whole year now and well Anthony is just starting today. That’s right, today is the first day of school for Anthony and thankfully I’d been able to work out my class schedule so that I had the morning off classes so I could drop him off at school and also I didn’t have classes after 3 so I could pick both Olivia and Anthony up afterschool. I wanted to b able to be there for Olivia this morning too but the thing was that she is going into 1st Grade and so I knew she would probably be fine. Anthony is my son and I knew that he would really need me to be there for him today as he’s really nervous about everything today. 

I woke up earlier than Harry and surprisingly before the kids did but then again I had kind of wanted it to be that way considering I wanted to make them all breakfast and have their lunches made and ready to go as well as my lunch before we all had to go. I was catching up with Alice for coffee at morning tea time and then I had class at lunch time so I knew that there was a lot I had to get done today.
“Morning Mommy” Anthony says as he walked into the kitchen where I was leaning against the bench drinking my coffee. He was the first one out of the remaining 3 in this house to be up but that wasn’t really surprising when he was usually up early anyway.
“Good morning Buddy, are you ready for your big day?” I asked as I placed his toast in front of him, I’d put apple butter on it as that was his favourite and it was something we’d brought back from Nashville. I grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge and poured some into Anthony’s cup before I heard other footsteps coming down the stairs, these sounded a lot heavier though so I knew that it must be Harry. Harry didn’t look very happy when he walked into the kitchen though I have a rather strong feeling why that was. When we were in Nashville and the time we’ve been back before today we’ve been in the same bed and although I’ve woken up before him I’ve always been there when he woke – I wasn’t this morning though. This morning I had children to feed and get ready for school not to mention I had to get organised for college as well.
“Morning buddy, did you sleep well?” Harry asked as he greeted Anthony and then made his way around the bench to me, wrapping his arms round my waist and nuzzling his face into my neck.  

“Morning Baby. I was a little sad that you weren’t in bed with me when I woke, where’s Livy?” Harry asked and I shrugged as she still wasn’t downstairs yet and I’d not seen her this morning. We’d both kind of known that this morning would be hard on her because although it was the first day of school it wasn’t her first day and so things weren’t going to be all about her but now that she has the brother which she has always wanted she has to get used to it not being all about her. Harry kissed my cheek and disappeared out of the room to go back upstairs, I knew that he was going to get Olivia and at this rate she would really have to eat her breakfast in the car as she won’t have time before hand.
“Mommy, why does Livy call you Taylor and call Uncle Harry Daddy?” Anthony asked and I had actually been expecting this question I was expecting it to come from Olivia to be completely honest.
“Well I’m not Livy’s mommy, Livy had a different mommy so I can’t be her mommy. Come on let’s go get you dressed or we’ll be late” I say as Anthony climbs off the chair and takes my hand before we head upstairs again. I loved having conversations with him like this because he was always so curious over everything but that’s probably because he’s in a new city and he’s at the curious age now.