A Way Of Saying Thanks

A Way Of Saying Thanks - 2

Harry POV
"Marcel!" I called through the PA system from my office to the reception area, Marcel was my assistant who doubled as a receptionist after my last one quit rather abruptly at the end of last year.
"Y-yes sir?" Marcel asked as he came running into the office. I don't think he quite understands that he doesnt have to come running adn he can answer my call from his desk, everytime I call for him he comes running. 
"Order a nice bunch of flowers from the florist round the corner for me to pick up tonight please?" I request and he nods.
"Special lady? Or someone else that I need to address on the card that comes with the flowers?" Marcel asked and I knew that he was secretly trying to find out the gossip as you didn't need to always have a card with the flowers. I knew because I've ordered some by myself before and so I knew what they would ask or at least request about the flowers which you want and who they are going to. Although there was no gossip for Marcel to find out because it wasn't for a special lady in that way anyway.
"No, just get me a gift card of about $100 for a beauty spa put with the flowers please...They're for a friend of mine" I say and he nods before walking out of my office to get all of that organised for me. 

Taylor has been Olivia's nanny for nearly 3 years now and I wanted to be able to give her a proper thank you gift as she has gone above and beyond for me whilst being the Nanny to Olivia. Taylor has something particularly special about her and if I'm completely honest it was something that made me look at her in a different light, it was a light that was making me be drawn to her. I was looking forward to seeing her tonight just like I always did when I came home and she was with Olivia.When she had said her goodbye to Olivia before the holidays last year there had been so many tears shed by Olivia because she absolutely adored Taylor. They spend so much time together it was understandable as they really do have such an incredibly close bond. I didn't know exactly what it was that was drawing me to Taylor but that bond with my daughter was certainly playing a part in it that was for sure. I'm a 25 year old widow with a 5 nearly 6 year old daughter and here I am being drawn to Taylor who is 22 and the nanny to my daughter, in a romantic way.

I don't want to be completely alone forever and deep down I know that Claire wouldn't want me to be alone forever either, she would want me to move on with someone else. She would want me to be happy and i know she would want there to be someone else around to help me raise Olivia seeing as she couldn't be here with me to do that. I may like Taylor but I would never tell her because let's face facts here; she would never like me back that's for sure. I'm just her client or boss depending on which way you want to look at it as she's looking after my daughter for me, not to mention that there is an age gap between us of like 3 years at least. I wanted to spend some proper time with Taylor but she was only really around when I wasn't because that was when she was needed. I knew that she probably wouldn't want to be around us any other time because I'm not anyone special and she sees enough of Olivia when she's actually getting paid so she wouldn't want to hang out any other time. I guess one of the reasons which Taylor seems so perfect to me is because she literally saved my life, she changed everything which I did for the better and which in turn saved it - she's like a guardian angel, my guardian angel. I had feelings for my guardian angel and I guess I was perfectly happy with that.

I wanted to make a fresh start this year, I may have stuffed it up a little with how busy I was with work last week when Mom was looking after Olivia all the time but I wanted to try again this week now that Taylor was back. I wanted to restart things but do them right and I wanted to try to do that by getting home in time for dinner and the bedtime routine with Olivia. But I also wanted to start letting Taylor have a bit more time off in the evenings because she surely had better things to do then look after someone else's daughter, especially if she was in college. I wanted to be able to keep Taylor happy so that she would continue to want to work for/with me this year. I simply didn't want to lose her or have to find someone else who Olivia probably wouldn't be as comfortable with. I picked the flowers up from the florist round the corner when I had left the office but Marcel had given me the gift card himself rather than with the flowers which I don't actually know why but it was all for Taylor so that didn't really matter. I was going to give them both to Taylor when I got home tonight to show her how truly grateful we were for everything which she does. Part of me also wanted to ask her out but I knew that would probably never happen regardless of whether it would be tonight or not. I didn't know whether it was a good idea asking her out, I mean she wouldn't want to go out with someone like me when I have such a past like I do and she kind of works for me.