Court (Part 1)

Court (Part 1) - 29

Taylor POV
“Mommy, why can’t I come? I always go with you?” Anthony complained as the car pulled up outside of the courthouse where we were going to meet up with my lawyer and go over the final few things about today before it all got underway.
“Buddy, Mommy has to go and meet with her law friend and Aunty Brit and Uncle Ben, you’re going to stay here with Nanny and Grandpa okay? She’ll see you later though and maybe we’ll go for ice cream” Harry explains and for the first time it actually looks like Anthony is starting to listen to him. I’d told Harry all about Britany and Ben last night and how I’ve always referred to them as Aunty and Uncle to Anthony as that’s what they want him to call them and I completely agree with it.
“Yay!!! I love ice cream” Anthony says as I give him a final kiss on the head and climb out of the car as Harry greets me on the other side of the car. He takes my hand and we walk up into the courthouse as the car pulls away with mom and dad looking after Anthony for half of today. I was really nervous about how things were actually going to go today but I was sure that with Harry by my side and a highly reputable lawyer fighting for me, things couldn’t go wrong. I just hope that everything does work my way and it ends up with the judge seeing how pathetic Jake’s claims were so he would give me custody of my little boy and not give it to Jake.

Harry held onto my hand tight as we walked inside the courthouse and met up with the lawyer, we had half an hour before the case was put before a judge and this was the last meeting which the lawyer and I were having to make sure that everything was going to work out in my favour.
“Just remember whatever happens in there today, I love you and I’ll always be there for you no matter what” Harry says as we reach where the lawyer was waiting. I couldn’t help but smile at how sweet what Harry said was, I never really had anyone in my life that I could be sure to get close to and they would stay. But now I was sure that was Harry, he wasn’t going to run at the last minute and leave me – he was really going to be there for me no matter what. I honestly am not sure how I would be if he wasn’t here for me today and I’m so glad that he is because he can read me like a book and always seems to know exactly what to say and when to say it. I don’t think that I would be as calm or collected about today if he wasn’t here with me and for that I will always be thankful. 

“I love you too” I say as I stop him briefly and press my lips to his before we turn to the lawyer and get the meeting started as we were short on time. My lawyer Darren Bateman was surprised that Harry was here though he was glad that he was here because that could be a strong advantage to our case. Harry would be able to help us prove that there would be a father figure in Anthony’s life when Anthony isn’t with Brit and Ben which is what every young boy needs. Harry even volunteered to testify if it would help my case which Darren was sure that it would and I was grateful with how much he wanted to help. 

“Ms Swift, this isn’t going to be an easy case. Mr Gyllenhaal has done a lot of digging and has some really strong evidence against you but my team and I have done some digging on him and have come up with a strong case against him all based on his abusive past. But if we’re going to prove this case then we need permission to go into your medical records and use some of the evidence from his attack on you” Darren asked. I honestly wasn’t sure how that could really help prove anything except for the fact he abused me but if it would help then that would be for the best I was sure.
“What do her medical files have to do with anything?” Harry asked and I knew he was trying to protect my past as much as I want to.
“If we’re able to prove that Mr Gyllenhaal has a temper issue and is abusive when his temper gets out of hand then we can prove that putting a child in that situation who is likely to make Mr Gyllenhaal mad and lose his temper, would be a bad idea then we can pretty much secure the case in your favour. However we know that those images are distressing and you may not want to bring it up for everyone to see so it’s entirely up to you what you want us to do” Darren continues and I know that although I don’t necessarily want everyone knowing about my attack, I know that the evidence about it would help my case dramatically.