"Percy Jackson," Grover says.

(Y/N) blinks in surprise, looking back at the boy.

Annabeth shares the same response, freezing at the name. "Percy Jackson?" she repeats, sharing a knowing glance with her best friend. 

Grover nods in affirmation, seemingly unaware of his friends' unease from the realization of who the boy is.

(Y/N) decides to worry about it later, returning her attention to the glass of water. She hums in consideration before speaking. "Poseidon?"

"Yep." Grover pauses, shrugging. "I mean, he hasn't been claimed yet, but we've known for a while." He looks at the water as it continues to splash from side to side, and his gaze shifts over to see Percy's stressed expression.

(Y/N) nods once more, biting her lip in thought before stepping forward and opening her palm.

Almost immediately, a dark green stem sprouts from her hand, growing in length as a flower bud forms at the tip. The stem straightens as the bud opens, deep blue petals emerging and layering to form a beautiful azure rose.

She places the flower in the glass, and the fragrance instantly appears to calms Percy's troubled mind. His forehead smooths out and his eyebrows relax, a deep exhale being released when his chest falls.

"He drools when he sleeps," Annabeth says without prompting, her eyebrows furrowed. (Y/N) lets out a gentle scoff of amusement as Grover turns to her in confusion.

"Why don't you tell him that when he wakes up?" (Y/N) asks.

Annabeth shrugs. "Maybe I will."

"Maybe you shouldn't," Grover interjects, earning a soft laugh from Annabeth. She looks outside before turning back to her friends.

"Well, I've gotta go train now." She sighs, stuffing her hands into the back pockets of her jeans. "I told Luke I'd practice with him."

At the mention of the boy's name, Grover glances at (Y/N). She shifts uncomfortably.

"I'll make sure he doesn't ask about it," Annabeth assures, earning a grateful smile.

"Thanks, Annie. Have fun."

Annabeth gives Grover another quick hug before waving and exiting the infirmary. (Y/N) looks back at Percy, noticing the pen that rests on his second bedside table.

"Is this his weapon?" she asks, walking up to it. Grover nods. She hesitates, her hand hovering over the item as she looks at her friend. "May I?"

He just shrugs, and (Y/N) carefully picks up the pen, the metal cool to the touch. She turns it around in her hands, looking at the word etched into the side. 

"Anaklusmos," she reads, mentally translating the Greek into English. "Riptide."

She makes sure there's enough space around her before clicking it, and the feel of the sword forming in her hand brings an impressed smile to her face. The bronze, although dirty with golden blood, shines unnaturally, and (Y/N) wipes off the ichor with her hand. She spins the sword, doing a small figure-eight and holding the weapon up to look at its sharpened edge.

"This was used by Hercules," she breathes, and Grover's eyebrows lift in surprise. "And Zoë." (Y/N) smiles gently at the name of the Hunter of Artemis whom she'd met as a child. Her expression falls as memories rush through her mind, the pages of ancient history books that she would study with the utmost enthusiasm at the forefront of them all. "This weapon has—"

"—a long and tragic past, yes," interrupts the voice of (Y/N)'s mentor as he walks into the infirmary. Hooves tap rhythmically against the floor.

"Chiron," she greets the centaur, grinning. Grover waves.