Chapter 80

(Y/n)'s POV

I was alone, inevitably alone. An inaudible sigh slipped past my lips as my eyes glanced over the elegant guests and extravagant interior. I spotted every member of IDOLiSH7 despite my logic telling me not to.

Ryuu met my nonchalant gaze across the room. A small yet cheeky smile played across my mouth as I pointedly looked at the table of luxurious alcoholic drinks beside him. He simply mouthed a stern 'no'.

I gave a little pout, holding up one finger to show that I'd only have one glass. He soon acquiesced to my request and picked up a cocktail before making his way over.

I pulled the tall male into a side hug and took the drink from his hand. He sighed as I happily sipped on the beverage, savouring its sweet flavour. A shadow fell over me. Father's annoyed expression almost made me choke before I raised an eyebrow.

"You- you're still underage. Do you understand what that means?" he growled quietly.
"That I have to drink in secret? Or perhaps you're referring to my acting?"
"Geez, make sure you're not caught."

He abruptly left, leaving me alone with Ryuu. A few older woman, namely famous actresses, sauntered over and thus, cut me off from my friend. He donned a smile yet his eyes asked for help.

I acted as if I was still considering the option before a brunette clutched his hand and pressed herself against his body. That was crossing the line. My decision was made.

I effortlessly pried her arm off and leaned against him, sporting a suggestive yet irritated pout. My gaze met Ryuu's as I talked in a slightly annoyed tone.

"Ryuu, your cousin promised that you'd stay with me. She wasn't lying about it, was she? Or were you simply...abused by these women?"
"H-how rude! Who do you think you are?!"
"Who do you think you are? Come on, Ryuu, let's go."

I hurriedly led him away. Anesagi suddenly gestured for him as I was left alone once more. Tamaki walked past, our eyes meeting for a brief moment before he coldly turned away.

Tightening my grip around the glass, I immediately slipped outside onto the balcony. The cool night air caressed my skin as I breathed in the crispy wind.

The glass was soon empty yet I made no attempt to go back inside. I glanced inside, seeing Naomi clutch Iori's arm like they were magnets. Would I ever be able to be held in his arms like her?...

Suddenly, a man smoothly slipped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his large body. I mentally sighed, wondering why I had ventured outside alone.

"Hey, you seem lonely. Want to have some fun with me?" he whispered into my ear.
"I'd appreciate it if you could let go."
"Come on, don't be like that. I'm not gonna hurt you."

I stepped back and dug my heel into his foot. He cursed before making a move for me, securing my arms in place with his nails digging sharply into my skin.

Damn this dress. I couldn't do much with such fabric clinging to my body. He suddenly kissed my neck as I struggled to get free. I gasped as he was pulled away. Gaku-nii's fist collided with his face as the male collapsed to the floor, holding his bleeding nose.

"Do you want me to continue?" he threatened angrily.
"S-sorry! Geez man, I just wanted to play with her."
"Well, she's my sister so get the hell out before I change my mind."

The man scurried away like a mouse facing a vicious cat. My brother turned his head, looking down at me as the faintest wisp of a grateful smile played upon my lips.

I subconsciously rubbed my neck, a subtle gesture that made him soften his scolding gaze. He put a hand on my head as if telling me I had done enough.

"I'm sorry."
"If you're really so sorry, then go back inside where you can surround yourself with people. You're hopeless without me," he replied.
"Hmph, sorry for being so hopeless, oh great holy saviour."

He simply donned a winning smirk and left me standing alone in the cold night air. I stretched my arms, feeling the need to move in this stiff atmosphere. Suddenly, I sensed movement in the corner of my eye.

Naomi dragged Iori outside, seeming to not have seen me. Her steely gaze swept over me as I attempted to ease back inside without being noticed. Her bright smile turned into a menacing frown.

"Is the drama queen feeling left out?" she mocked.
"I'm not in the mood for your 'jokes'."

She pouted, her eyes betraying an emotion I felt strangely satisfied to have evoked within her. Jealousy. She was jealous of the confidence with which I walked. *sigh* When would she understand that she also had that same confidence?

I clenched my fists as she tipped her chin up and brushed her lips against Iori's, who simply forced himself to lean into her embrace. Why did this always happen to me? What did I do wrong?

"Hey (Y/n), I looked everywhere for you," exclaimed a familiar voice.

Maru's wide grin seemed to attract all the attention, as would any charming businessman's. His arm snuck around my waist as if we'd been dating for who knows how long.

"I just went out for some air."

He reached out to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear before casually leading me back into the liveliness. As soon as we were out of sight, his arm slid away.

"Thanks."
"Consider it as an apology about your dad. Care to have a drink?" he asked, hopeful.
"I-"
"Oh yeah, I saw you alright. So don't give me the excuse that you can't drink."
"Fine, if you insist, moron."
"Oi, I just saved your life."
"Pfft, you call that saving a life? Well, if an apocalypse happens, you're way out of your league."

A faint smile appeared on his face before he took two glasses from a passing waiter. The drink was light and bubbly, tingling and warm as it trickled down my throat. Maru smiled again.