Chapter 33

(Y/n)'s POV

"Sure, do you have something for me to sign on?" Ryuu asked.

Before Sogo could answer, a handful of cops rushed inside. The team leader went to speak with Anesagi as the others apprehended the man sitting on the floor with a sour expression on his bloody face.

"We brought medics," a policeman said to Gaku-nii and I.

A woman came over, bringing along a bag of medical supplies. She cautiously unwrapped the bandage and immediately began cleaning the wound. I held back a wince as she applied some medicinal paste to the shallow cut before wrapping it in a new bandage.

Gaku-nii eyed her with concealed caution as she leaned unnecessarily close to his body in order to treat his arm. I felt his grip tighten in my hand as she winked flirtatiously, her fingers lightly tracing his jawline.

"Are you gonna stop or do I have to make you?" he growled.
"Stop what?" she asked innocently.
"Tch."

He abruptly stood up, almost knocking her over in the process before taking his leave. The woman stared after him, making up her mind to follow my brother. I stretched my arms and legs, managing to trip her as she took a step forward.

"O-oh, I'm so sorry!"
"It's fine," she muttered.
"T-there must be s-something I can do to m-make up for t-the trouble."

My hands shook as I picked up her supplies only to drop them again. She concealed a look of annoyance before hurriedly picking them up. I quickly bowed in apology, muttering quiet 'sorry's' as she sent me a look of disdain.

Iori's POV

Was that really (Y/n)? Why did she seem so clumsy? I glanced at her brother, catching him sigh as an amused smirk rested on his face. He caught me watching but I knew it was already too late to look away.

"You in the group (Y/n)'s looking after?" he asked.
"Yes."
"Seeing as how you're not asking how I know her, she probably already told you everything."
"Yeah, she did."
"So?"
"What?"
"You don't know her as such a clumsy, inexperienced girl, do you?"
"...you're right."
"Well, don't go on assuming things. She wasn't hiding her real personality or anything. That was just her acting to get the medic off my back."
"Acting?"
"Oh and give this to your friend."

He handed me his phone case after signing his name on the back.

"Gaku-nii, Anesagi's organised a new photoshoot for tomorrow. You guys have the day off," (Y/n) exclaimed as she walked over.
"Great. Where're Ryuu and Tenn?"
"They're coming."
"What about you?"

She glanced my way before shaking her head.

"You guys go first."
"I swear, if you get into trouble again..."
"Iori'll be with me. Everything's gonna be fine," she replied as she held up my hand and waved.

I sighed, wondering how I'd gotten into such an awkward situation. He simply walked away with the rest of Trigger. The medic sent a menacing glare towards (Y/n) as she walked away with the rest of the police officers.

"Aren't you mad?"
"Yeah, I am," she replied.
"Why would you..."
"Gaku-nii and I are siblings, and family look out for each other."
"Your brother told me you were just acting before."
"Yeah."

I recalled how she had flawlessly made the medic believe that she had no coordination and lacked the resolve to be in the managing stuff. Was she hiding something else? How had she acted so effortlessly?

"Tsumugi and I had a talk and you guys are going to have your photoshoot tomorrow with someone I trust, so you don't have to worry about anything going wrong."
"Do we have the rest of the day off?"
"Yep."
"Hey (Y/n), where did you learn how to fight like that?" Riku asked as the others came over.
"I had a friend who knew how to fight, so when he offered to teach me, I figured I might as well learn a few defence moves."
"I'm hungry," Tamaki exclaimed.
"Why don't we go get something to eat?" (Y/n) said.

Tsumugi caught up to the girl as we followed them outside. I handed Sogo the phone case, wincing as he gasped in my ear and almost fainted. Tamaki immediately steadied the starry-eyed male.

Nagi asked Riku how the talk went with this brother, unintentionally reminding me of the way (Y/n) had behaved around him.

My lips drew into a thin line. She didn't have any feelings for him...or so I had hoped to believe. She had so casually leaned against him that any stranger would admit that they looked more than just friends.

Niisan waltzed up to her as she was, what I assumed to be, gossiping about girls stuff with Tsumugi. He managed to gain her attention with a simple tap on the shoulder before whispering something inaudible into her ear.

"I doubt he is," I heard her say.
"Come on, trust me on this. I know," he replied.
"You're not lying but I can tell that you're exaggerating."
"Please?"

She smiled and nodded. I watched as she slowed down to stand between Tamaki and I. Tamaki immediately took a hold of her sleeve and began dragging her to a takoyaki stand. I caught her hand, pulling the two of them back.

"We're eating soon. No snacks."
"But-"
"No."
"Come on, Iori. It can't hurt to have something small," (Y/n) reasoned.

I froze still as she leaned in, her breath tickling my ear as she whispered.

"Mitsuki told me you were down in the dumps, so I was asked to cheer you up. Let's go."

Her fingers interlaced with mine, sending a spark of warmth resounding within my body. Niisan gave me an encouraging slap on the back as I sent him a look.

Tamaki was already in line. (Y/n) and I waited with him in silence. As the old man finished serving him, we went to order ours only to be taken slightly aback by his statement.

"Would you two like the couples' deal?" he asked.
"W-what?"
"Sure. We'll take that, sir," (Y/n) replied.
"You two seem like a very lovely couple."

The girl beside me simply offered a kind smile as a reply. This time, I was definitely blushing, and she knew it. The teasing smirk on her face told me all I needed to know. Two could play at that game.