Chapter 61

(Y/n)'s POV

IDOLiSH7 stood behind the red-haired male as he called out to his brother. Tenn's eyes took on a sharp, coldly indifferent look as he gazed at his twin. I gave his leg a small kick, catching his attention before giving him a hard look.

His brows furrowed together, his grip growing tight. I frowned. He stubbornly averted his gaze, giving me a slight pout. Ryuu suddenly called for the male. Tenn gladly left the tense scene behind.

"Tenn-nii..." Riku murmured.
"He'll come through. Give him some time."
"I didn't know Trigger was going to be here," Yamato commented, subtly changing the subject.
"Yeah, they're here for a TV program. Are you guys here for a photoshoot?"
"Yeah, how did you know?" asked Nagi.
"Just a hunch."
"Excuse me, you guys are IDOLiSH7, aren't you?" a man asked.
"Yes," replied Sogo.
"Sorry but your photoshoot has been cancelled."
"What?!"

The man apologised again although he seemed not to care in the slightest. I stopped him from leaving, asking who had informed him of such matters. He muttered father's name before rushing off to do his other work.

I clenched a fist, angry that he had to interfere once more. Tsumugi casted me a worried look. The concern on everyone's faces made my resolve strengthen. A sudden name popped into my head.

"Hello? Maru?"
"(Y/n)? Geez, I never thought you'd call."
"You owe me for saving your butt."
"*sigh* Yeah, I know but after this, no more favours. What is it that you want?"
"Father's been interfering with everything again. I want you to do something about it. It shouldn't be a problem for you, right? Your father's company isn't on good terms with him so giving him some flies to deal with is in your good interest."
"Ugh, fine. That's it! Got that?"
"Maru, I think you're forgetting that you used to have a crush on me."
"You- you don't need to bring that up..."
"One more thing. IDOLiSH7 has their photoshoot today. It was never cancelled."
"*sigh* Alright, bye."

I put my phone away, only to see everyone staring at me. I flashed a charming smile, winking. Mitsuki was the first to break out of his trance and asked the question I had been expecting.

"Was that...Mikoto Maru (made-up character)? As in the heir to Mikoto Entertainment?"
"Yes."
"One of the biggest entertainment businesses in Japan...huh?" Riku commented.
"How do you know him?" Iori asked.
"I studied overseas for a little bit. He just happened to go to the same school."
"Will you always have to..."
"...I'm not an entertainer nor am I a mere employee who works for justice. I will do whatever it takes to win."

Someone ruffled my hair from behind. I elbowed my brother, who barely dodged the light blow. His smirk met my annoyed frown. A soft smile broke out as I let out a small laugh.

"You're just a little ball of power, aren't you?"
"You're just jealous you don't have as many connections as me."
"Pfft, what? Jealous? Me?"
"Hey, you don't need many connections if you have your beloved source of light."

I nudged him towards Tsumugi, making the both of them blush. Tsumugi offered a small smile meant only for my brother. I quickly ushered the others away, pointedly giving Gaku-nii a hard shove.

The same man who had informed us of the cancellation of IDOLiSH7's photoshoot approached us, seemingly awkward yet annoyed. I raised an eyebrow, looking every bit the uninterested businesswoman.

"It's back on," he said curtly.

I smiled. The others were still staring with wide eyes. Did they not already know that I called Maru?... Riku flashed a grateful grin to which I replied with a thumbs up.

"Hey (Y/n), they said they needed you in the back for something," Ryuu exclaimed.
"Okay, I'll be right there."

He went to talk to IDOLiSH7 as I headed towards the back. It seemed to be deserted, with not a soul in sight. I continued to walk around, cautiously looking around but it was as if the staff had already left.

With a sigh, I turned on my heel only to come face to face with an older, strict-looking woman. I pulled on a mask of polite neutrality and offered a small greeting.

Her hand came into contact with my face, her fingers leaving a painful sting as she pulled away. A hollow smile appeared on my face as I looked at her with a fierce glare.

"Care to explain your rudeness?"
"You made my daughter cry. Do you not know who I am?! I am the wife of an influential politician. Do you think I'll stand for this?!" she screamed angrily.
"I'm sorry, ma'am, but who is your daughter?"
"That girl...the girl who admires Yaotome Gaku. She was heartbroken...by you. How can you surround yourself with idols without a thought for others?"
"I'm sorry. I did not think I would have to shoulder the responsibility of everyone's feelings."

She slapped me once more. Then again. Not once did I wince. Not once did I whimper. I simply stared into her sea blue eyes with a hollow gaze. I gripped her shoulder, smiling cheerfully yet it did not mask the malice in my words.

"Blame me all you want. I assure you, I'll repay you tenfold."

She almost cowered beneath my gaze before angrily stalking away. I slid down against the wall, a single trail of blood slipping down my chin. Damn, that woman could pack a punch...

My eyes closed. I didn't want to go back just yet. It was peaceful here with nobody around. Just me and all this unused equipment. I didn't know how much time had passed but it was probably a while...

Suddenly, hands came to caress my face. I opened my eyes and found Tenn staring back at me with his gentle gaze. He wiped the small trail of blood away, not a single word escaping his mouth. He didn't need to ask. That woman had most likely gotten into trouble.

I let him pull me up yet his arms immediately came around me in a warm embrace. I was taken aback by surprise. Despite this, I found myself leaning into his arms, hoping to make the pain go away...