Chapter 2

(Y/n)'s POV

"Eh?! Auditions?!" they all asked.
"I'm sorry. I was told to choose three-"

I watched as shock and disbelief graced their faces. Standing back in the shadows, leaning casually against the wall, I watched as everything played out.

Iori's words were harsh, but they were true. That made me wonder how a high school student knew so much about the entertainment industry. There was something about him that interested me.

"(Y/n), why aren't you saying anything?" Riku asked, a somewhat pained expression on his face.
"There is nothing to be said. All I can do is ask you all to try your best. You guys came here for your dreams, right? If you're letting such a small matter let you down, then clearly you weren't prepared enough. Who knows? A miracle may happen."
"(Y/n)'s right, let's audition. I believe in miracles, because it was a miracle that I met you," Nagi exclaimed.
"Nagi, if you keep up with the flirting, then you may never find the right girl."

I smiled. His cheeks puffed up in irritation as Mitsuki smirked, teasing the tall male about his love life. Yet despite the way he presented himself, I knew that a person's heart did not depend on the exterior.

Sorrow flashed like a split second of lightning in the midst of Mitsuki's eyes. Tamaki had so easily expressed his lack of concern, because he believed he could make it. They were personally scouted, they should all have that kind of determination.

Giving Mitsuki a squeeze on the shoulder, I muttered a quiet good luck. He seemed surprised that I had seen through his facade. Sorrow meant a lack of confidence, and that often meant one's feeling of inferiority when compared to others.

"You'll do fine. Everyone here will so don't worry about it too much."
"But I've..." he started.

My phone vibrated. A text from Anesagi: Time's up, (Y/n). Come back before your father blows a fuse.

"Everyone, it was nice meeting you all. I'll see you next time."
"Are you leaving?" Sogo asked.
"Yeah, I have to go to my other job. I'll be routing for you all. Good luck."

Bowing before everyone, I waved goodbye as I opened the door. As soon as the door closed, I hurriedly made my way to the ground floor. The boys...would be fine. I trusted my instincts.

~At Yaotome Productions~

"(Y/n), what is the meaning of this?!" father yelled.
"It's exactly as it says. I've decided to work for him. Why? Do you think I'm incapable of doing it? Or...does this annoy you?"
"You ungrateful child. Must you defy me so much?"
"Ungrateful? You stole my childhood."

Clenching my fists in anger, I glared at the man in front of me as he slapped me across the face. The fury visible on our faces was enough for one to pinpoint our relationship. My easy anger when faced with someone I disliked...this aspect, I took after him.

An arrogant smirk played on my lips, daring him to hit me again. His eyes hinted towards the irritation he harboured whenever they landed on my face. Although there were some parts of my appearance that took after him, I must've reminded him of my mother...the woman he never loved.

He raised his hand again; however, another shot up and prevented him from going any further. Gaku-nii walked around my body all the while holding onto our father's arm.

"Don't touch her," he growled.
"As protective as ever, I see. I never should've let you meet her," father said.
"Say that again, I dare you."
"Anyway, what are you doing here? You three have the day off."
"I came to get (Y/n). I heard from our manager that you called her here."

Gaku-nii dropped his arm and reached for my hand instead. I struggled to keep up as he pulled me along and out of father's office. His abrupt stop caused me to gently bump into him as I stared at him with a questioning look.

His fingers grazed the redness on my cheek. I smiled, catching his hand with my own. This act, I could keep up for his sake. I could keep on smiling if it meant never having to see him worry again.

"(Y/n)-"
"Don't say anything. I can handle a soft hit. He's getting old. He doesn't have much strength left. No bruises today, so don't look so gloomy all the time."
"Complain then. Don't pretend you're fine when you're not. Scream, curse, or do whatever. It's hard to hide the frustration."

He grinned, ruffling my hair as he did so. I smiled before taking a deep breath.

No one POV's

~With IDOLiSH7~

The seven boys waited anxiously in the practise room as Tsumugi left to confirm their position with the president. Tension rose in the room, all of them undoubtedly concerned.

Mitsuki was considerably more anxious than the others. However, recalling (Y/n)'s encouraging words eased the pain gnawing at his mind. She hadn't criticised nor ignored his worries.

Iori glanced at his brother, who was deep in thought. In truth, he had heard what (Y/n) said to him and found himself surprised by her kindness and the warmth she exerted while expressing her words of encouragement.

He had judged her wrongly. He had not realised that her attitude was just a part of her charismatic charm. She was...different, and he wanted to know why.

~Iori's flashback~

A silver-haired girl came through the door. Everyone, excluding Banri, stared at her with wide eyes. She had caught us off guard. She looked like a movie star.

The aura around her was powerful, and I could tell the others thought the same. Was she hard to approach? Would she be working with us? I found it hard to not think about her at all.

"Do you think she's someone important?" Tamaki asked as she was talking to Banri.
"I don't know. We'll find out sooner or later though."
"She seems..." Sogo started.
"Like a movie star?" suggested Yamato.
"Exactly. I wonder if she's related to one," added Riku.
"I'm hungry," said Tamaki.
"Don't bring that up. It'll just be rude."

~Flashback end~

At last, Tsumugi returned to the room with the results.