Chapter 7

(Y/n)'s POV

What a soothing melody. Riku's smooth notes gently caressed the atmosphere, its slender fingers washing away my concerns. I stood in a corner, watching with intense interest in the boys' voices.

Tsumugi had left to finish off some minor documents, yet a nagging feeling in my heart told me that I had not done anything for them. I was simply...there. Frustration curled around my throat as I angrily breathed in this truth.

"(Y/n)-chan," called Tamaki.
"Yes?"
"It's getting late. Can we go back to our dorm now?"
"You guys got a dorm?"
"Yep, manager showed us this morning."
"It really is getting late, isn't it? Let's call it a night. There's a heavy downpour outside. Hang on, I'll call someone."
"You really do make the little things better, don't you?" Sogo asked.
"Well, I am your assistant manager."

Dialling Gaku-nii's number, I waited for the ringing to stop; for his voice to reach me. A small smile graced my face as he picked up on the third ring, as expected of a brother who never liked to ignore my calls.

"Hello?"
"Nii-chan, are you finished for the day?"
"Yeah, we're almost done. Why?" he asked.
"Kaoru-chan's done too, right? Mind asking her to send the van over?"
"*sigh* You- yeah, sure. Don't you dare do anything reckless."
"*laughs* Sure, okay. Thanks, bye."

The others had waited patiently for me to finish. I gestured towards the door.

"You sure do have a lot up your sleeve," commented Yamato.
"Heh, I'll take that as a compliment."

Following the others downstairs, past the other offices, I quietly slipped into the room Tsumugi was currently in. She gave a thumbs up before I could even ask, nodding once noticing my hesitation.

Waving goodbye, I quickly headed to the entrance, where the boys were waiting. A black van was parked just outside, an employee from Yaotome Productions had driven it over; however, I was certain about their oblivious nature concerning this.

~At IDOLiSH7's dorms~

"I can just go home. You guys really don't have to."
"Come on, (Y/n). Having a meal with us won't hurt. I'll cook something real quick," Mitsuki exclaimed.
"Well, if you insist..."
"Don't worry, make yourself at home," said Riku.

Taking a seat on the sofa, I soon found myself drifting into deep thought. Although confidence in my own acting skills hadn't been a problem, too much of its contents would turn it into arrogance. I couldn't risk too much.

My relationship with Trigger, my origin, my life had to be kept hidden, like a lost memory. I could even fathom the consequences if such a thing was revealed to the world.

Iori's POV

(Y/n) seemed untouchable, her appearance flawless and professional yet her aura kind and confident. My curiosity tugged and pulled at my heart; however, my courage seemed to dissipate into ashes whenever I had the idea to ask about her life.

I caught her gaze, which she happily returned with a casual grin. That grin was so genuine, yet my mind couldn't get used to it. Was she simply doing that as a measure of politeness or was that her genuine sincerity?

"You seem infatuated with her," Nagi commented.
"Huh?"
"Iori, are you perhaps interested in her?"
"No."
"Don't worry, I'll help you."

Before I could stop him, he casually strode over to her and whispered intelligible words into her ear. Her large, violet eyes met mine as she nodded and smiled as a reply to the blonde male.

(Y/n) stood up from her place on the sofa, moving to stand by me instead. A quiet smile lit up in her eyes as she spoke, seemingly loud yet the others did not seem to notice her voice.

"So you wanted to talk to me?" she asked.
"Sorry, but Rokuya-san only wanted to get a reaction out of me."
"Your singing was amazing."
"*blush* W-well, it is a requirement for being an idol."
"*laughs* Just a simple 'thank you' would've sufficed, Iori."
"Do you go to school?"

She didn't pry any further after my changing the subject.

"No, I started early so I already graduated," she replied.
"Eh?! Lucky..." commented Tamaki.
"I think I'll go help your brother with the cooking. I don't like doing nothing to help."
"I'm fine, (Y/n). You're our guest," niisan replied.
"But a guest cannot expect to do nothing."

(Y/n) said this while taking an egg and cracking it into a bowl after a quick wash of her hands. Niisan flashed her a grateful smile. She seemed to be made of surprises.

"She'll be a good wife in the future, don't you think?" Nanase-san asked, a smirk forming on his face.
"If you fancy her, don't involve me in your little fantasies."
"Not me, you."
"Instead of making baseless assumptions, why don't you try making yourself useful for once?"
"You shouldn't talk like that to your elders!"
"Oh, you're older than me?"
"Why you!"

A melodious laugh soaked the open air, a sound that had caught my attention numerous times before. (Y/n)'s mouth was turned into a gentle smile, her eyes laughing.

Nanase-san returned her gaze with a cheeky grin. I didn't bother with their exchange, and simply sat down on the sofa. Yotsuba-san had taken the luxury to drape his body over the entirety of one, leaving Osaka-san, Nikaido-san and I on the other.

Trigger's (fave song) filled the peaceful silence. (Y/n) immediately flashed an apologetic look as she picked up her phone, leaving the kitchen to talk privately.

"Use the first room on the left," niisan exclaimed.

She mouthed a quiet thank you before heading inside. I recalled the conversation she had with her brother earlier, wondering who 'Kaoru-chan' was. A friend? And she owned a van no less. Who exactly was (Y/n)?

Minutes later, she came out of niisan's room, her eyes worried. My eyes drifted to her finger as it twitched ever so slightly, the concern banished from her beautiful eyes. Confusion took over my thoughts as I attempted to conjure up logical reasons for this.

"Sorry about that. My brother called," she said to niisan.
"It's fine."
"Iorin, can you pass me that king pudding?" Yotsuba-san asked, his eyes still on his phone.
"We're going to have dinner soon."
"Yeah but-"
"Wait until after," said Osaka-san.
"Aww damn! I lost this round! So-chan, I needed that king pudding to fuel my brain power!"
"*laughs* Do you even hear yourself right now?" Nikaido-san asked.