Four Days

Alpha Naiyla

I sat outside in the waiting room of the schools hospital. Apparently at seeing one of my pack members and my best friend losing blood and a doctor just rushing around the room will make me snap and almost kill him.

I had to be carried out of the room by Micah and let loose in the forest.

Now we wait.

Lace lost too much blood and isn't healing. Since he lost all of that blood he slipped into a coma.

It's been three days since the attack and no one has been allowed outside past a one mile radius of the school.

Six more alphas.

In solitary.

My father arrives that day at hearing that we were attacked and has been checking on me ever since along with Micah. No I won't talk because if I did I would surely break down and cry. Lace has been there for everything that I've ever been through.

Helping me and being a shoulder for me when everything was too much to handle.

I heard the doors open and looked over to see my father walk in with a stone look on his face but sadness in his eyes.

He got what I was feeling an Alpha is nothing without their Beta. Without your Beta your pack might as well lose its Alpha.

"Naiyla I understand you are grieving and saddened but you Beta is not dead. He is going to recover. You are showing your pack members your weakness and other Alphas are noticing. You need to get up, go take a shower, eat and gets dressed. We are having a meeting with the Lycans in our country. If you do not walk out your dorm with your head up and confidence and your power oozing from your pores I will rethink handing over the Alpha position on your birthday. Being an Alpha comes with loss if you can't deal with it this isn't your place." he said.

No it wasn't an insult it was a wake up call.

I took a deep breath then stood up and rolled my neck, I'll meet with you shortly Alpha. Thank you." I said before bowing.

I walked into Laces room to see him still laying down like last time looking paler than normal almost blue.

I closed my eyes.

Please get better BestFriend. I thought before putting a kiss to his forehead and walking out of the room to my dorm to get ready.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Freshly showered and fed. I wore a pair of black slacks and white undershirt and a black dress coat that came with the slacks and finally a pair of black flats. My hair had my bangs pinned back out of my face so it wasn't in the way and the rest was down in loose waves.

I didn't bother with makeup since it was a bother and just walked into my living room. Francis sat on the couch wearing a pair of black dress pants, a red dress shirt, a pair of black dress pants, and finally his hair combed back like normal.

"Are you ready?" I asked him grabbing my phone and a notebook.

He looked at me and nodded, "You took forever." he said.

"Well unless you wanted me smelling like two days of funk I think I took just the right amount of time." I said.

"You're nasty." he said scrunching up his face.

"Only you know that cousin." I said chuckling and getting into the elevator with him.

We went down and stepped out walking toward the road that would be escorting us the the same restaurant that Francis and I met at.