Winter & Murder

Thorn
I rubbed my stomach, the crowd was buzzing an a fresh quilt of snow had fallen. It's been a little over a week an Frost Fair is happening. Axel was making jokes with Undrea, I'm happy that I'm pregnant. Then this guy walked in, I raised a brow an looked up from a book.

"Who May you be?"

He looked to me an chatted of something then the boys began to laugh. An i mean bloody laugh like hell.

"Boys calm down."

I said with a grin then shook my head.

"What did I do!?"

I grinned an shook my head then Lou Ceil Sebastian walked in.

"Ah hello Ceil."

Sebastian glared at the Detective. I sighed leaving a hand gently on my stomach as Axel crept over.

"Hi their~"

He gave a large grin as Ceil raised a brow.

"Hello Axel."

He grinned at Sebastian then crept over to his Father an then did something random. I chuckled as I leaned against the counter.

"What can you tell me about the hope diamond Undertaker!"

He grinned an chuckled a bit of drool coming down his cheek. I shook my head with a grin as he explained some details then turned to me.

"Dear don't you know a lot about the Hope Piece~"

I did a curt nod.

"Yes I do, I've studied the diamond for a few years."

They looked to me with wide eyes.

"Thorn what can you tell us about the Hope Piece?"

I grinned an spoke.

"Indeed, the Blue Hope Diamond was a believed to be cursed. All throughout history, the ones who owned it had a brutal end.
The diamond has been surrounded by a mythology of a reputed curse to the effect that it brings misfortune and tragedy to persons who own it or wear it, but there are strong indications that such stories were fabricated to enhance the stone's mystery and appeal, since increased publicity usually raised the gem's value and newsworthiness. Jacques Colet bought the Hope Diamond from Simon Frankel and committed suicide. Prince Ivan Kanitovski bought it from Colet but was killed by Russian revolutionists. Kanitovski loaned it to Mlle Ladue who was "murdered by her sweetheart." Simon Mencharides, who had once sold it to the Turkish sultan, was thrown from a precipice along with his wife and young child. Sultan Hamid gave it to Abu Sabir to "polish" but later Sabir was imprisoned and tortured. Stone guardian Kulub Bey was hanged by a mob in Turkey. A Turkish attendant named Hehver Agha was hanged for having it in his possession. Tavernier, who brought the stone from India to Paris was "torn to pieces by wild dogs in Constantinople." King Louis gave it to Madame de Montespan whom later he abandoned. Nicholas Fouquet, an "Intendant of France", borrowed it temporarily to wear it but was "disgraced and died in prison." A temporary wearer, Princess de Lamballe, was "torn to pieces by a French mob." Jeweler William Fals who recut the stone "died a ruined man." William Fals' son Hendrik stole the jewel from his father and later "committed suicide." Some years (after Hendrik) "it was sold to Francis Deaulieu, who died in misery and want. These are just the few people who died after possessing the hope diamond."

"We already know this."

I held up a finger towards the detective.

"I'm not done, now then. The Hope Diamond's origin is founded in India. The larger portion of the Hope Diamond was purchased by French gem merchant Jean-Baptiste Tavernier. He cutted in a very unique style and it was sold to King Louis XIV. It was stolen around the French Revolution and it was recovered by a family names the Hope's from London in 1839. After going through numerous owners, it was sold to Washington socialite Evalyn Walsh McLean. She was seen wearing it numerous times. It was purchased by gem merchant Harry Winston from New York. He gave tours for the Hope Diamond and then finally giving it to the National Museum of Natural History at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC. The worth of the Hope Diamond is worth $250 million. I've seen the Hope Diamond when I went to Washington DC and it's absolutely beautiful to behold. So, why did I say all of this? There is a theory that the Hope Diamond is cursed. If someone owned this diamond, they died from horrible deaths. Well, this got me thinking about the Phantomhive family ring. It could be possible that the ring has part of the Hope Diamond. It could be possible that Ciel's grandfather bought part of the diamond from the Hope family. We don't know what happened to your grandfather. With Vincent, he died in the fire with his wife. Even you Ciel said that the ring is cursed. So, this theory makes the most sense to me. Now, it makes sense why the Hope Diamond is worth so much. It's the beautiful allure of the diamond that comes with the curse of those who owned the precious diamond."

He paused staring at me

"How do you know that?"

I grinned.

"I'll tell you later."

He paused but nodded as I stared at them.

"That's all I know."

They nodded as they turned to Axel.

"I know where that ring is!"

I stared at our son as he grinned.

"Where is it?"

He grinned an took Adrians hand then grabbed mine.

"Come on, I'll show you!"

I smiled an took his hand as he lead us to the snow sculpture.

"What!!!"

"Nice job son~"

I gave a warm grin as the Detective reached for the ring but was cut off.

"Only the winner of this fair lady may posses her beauty~"

He then walked up an took my hand, ew. I gave a fake smile with folded brows an removed my hand whipping the back on my cape. Then Axel was in front of me glaring at him.

"Don't touch my mama you pervert!"

I tried not to laugh as I set my hand on his shoulders.

"Sweetheart, thank you but that was quite rude."

He puffed his cheeks then crossed his arms. I sighed an looked up to Count Druid.

"I apologize for my sons behavior, Count Druid."

I gave a fake smile as Axel turned around hugging me protectively.

"I see he is quite protective no need for apologies."

I turned an walked to Adrian I took his hand with a small smile. Axel was between us glaring at the man as Ceil spoke.

"So we must win a contest to earn a prize, simple enough."

"What, but it's evidence for the countless girls gone miss-"

He clapped his hands over his mouth. Ceil grinned an did a response I shook my head an turned to my boys.

"Let's head back."

"Of course dear~"

I smiled as Axel kept glaring.

"Axel, lets go sweetheart."

He paused then turned walking with us. He was actually in the middle holding our hands as we walked back to the shop. I sat down and picked up the book I was reading as Axel went to get some biscuits. I thanked him an ate a few as Undrea spoke to some man.