13 × confessions

Start from the beginning

After a few more minutes, I saw a tall, brown skinned woman with long black hair walking around. Christina.

When she saw me, she smiled and ran up to me. She gave me the tightest hug, and I hugged back just as tight.

"God, I missed you," I said.

"I missed you too!" she mumbled into my chest.

We eventually let go of each other, and I handed her the flowers. "You know me & you need to have a talk."

"I'm in trouble?"

I slowly nodded, and she hid her face behind the flowers. She was so cute, I couldn't even be mad at her.

We walked out of the airport, I put her suitcases in the car, and I took her home. We went straight to her room, she set her suitcases in her closet, and we went up to the roof.

"So what do we need to talk about?" she asked nervously.

"Why didn't you tell anyone you were leaving?"

"I wanted to get out of California and if I would have told you guys, you would've either tried to stop me or wanted to go with me."

"But why were you gone for so long? And why'd you turn your phone off the whole time?"

"I don't really know," she said quietly.

"Well can you please not do that again? And if you do, tell someone next time."

She chuckled a little. "Okay."

She sat in front of me, crossed her legs Indian style, and looked at me. I knew she wanted to say something important by the way she looked at me.

"Now I have something to talk to you about," she said, looking in my eyes.

"Wh-What is it?"

"Neveah told me...about your feelings...for me," she said slowly.

Dammit Neveah.

"Is it true?"

"Y-Yeah," I stuttered.

She broke eye contact and started fidgeting with her fingers. "How long?"

"Huh?"

"Don't 'huh' me, Griffin! How long have you had these alleged feelings for me?" she asked.

"Since high school."

Her eyes widened and she slapped me in the chest. "High school?! Blake, why didn't you say something?"

"To be honest, I thought you knew and was just uninterested."

"How could I have possibly known that, Blake?"

"I thought you figured it out after all the guys I chased away," I said, chuckling a little.

"B, you know I'm not that bright. I just thought you were being overprotective as usual," she shrugged.

"Well, I was," I admitted. "But it was mainly because I liked you. That's why I asked you to homecoming every year, and I started failing Spanish on purpose just so you could tutor me. Once we got to college, I figured I didn't have a chance and then, you set me up with Lauren, and that's when I knew you weren't interested in me."

She looked down and played with the hem of her skirt. She quickly wiped her eyes, probably thinking I didn't see.

"Chris, what's wrong?" I lifted her chin and, there were tears rolling down her face. "Christina, why are you crying?"

"Because I used to have a crush on you in high school."

Her words made me freeze because this whole time I thought she would never look at me in that way.

"And why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think you were interested in a girl like me," she said, looking back down.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean a girl like you?"

"A black girl, Blake. I mean, look at all the girls you've dated from high school to now. They've all been blondes with big boobs."

"That's not true."

"It isn't? What about Brittany? Chelsea? Allie? Danielle? That bitch Nikki? Hell, Kate Upton's dumb ass, and even Brynn. You've never shown any interest in a girl that wasn't white, so I pushed my feelings aside."

I never really noticed that until now.

"What about Robyn?"

"Wow, Blake. One black girl in college. And y'all didn't even date that long," she said, and I could tell she was annoyed.

"It's not like it was intentional."

"I know, but it made me feel like I'd never be able to get your attention, so I just left it alone."

She got quiet again and went back to playing with the hem of her skirt.

"Look, Christina, I have real, legit feelings for you. I don't want you to think I'm just saying this to mess with you because I'm not. I've wanted you to be my girlfriend since we were sophomores in high school and now that you know how I feel, I still want you to be my girlfriend."

She continued to hold her head down, but I could see a small smile on her face. She stayed quiet, which meant she was thinking really hard.

It was starting to get cold, so I figured it was time to go back in the house. I grabbed Chris' hand and led her back into her bedroom, where we sat on the bed.

I looked down at her and she was holding my hand with our fingers intertwined. She finally looked up at me, and I kissed her. I didn't know why I did it, but she didn't stop me.

"Chris, I, I'm sorry. I didn't —"

I was cut off by her smashing her lips against mine. I obviously didn't protest because I'd been wanting to do this for the longest.

She lied back on her bed, and I lied on top of her. I kissed down her neck as I clumsily unbuttoned her shirt. I ran my hand up her skirt and a soft moan escaped her mouth. I pulled her skirt down, threw it on the floor and kissed her through her underwear, and she moaned again, this time a little louder.

I pulled her underwear off, tossed them on floor and looked down at her. She was biting her bottom lip, anticipating what I would do next.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" I asked her.

She bit down on her bottom lip and nodded. "I'm sure."