35 // moving on?

Christina's POV||
I'm in such a good mood today. I don't know why, but I just woke up happy.

Getting ready for my day, I put on these black pants and a cheetah print crop top. I put on my black Louboutins, jewelry and unloosened the braids in my hair before looking in the mirror.

I ran my hand through my hair one last time, grabbed my purse, then went downstairs.

"Chris, you look cute!" Chasity exclaimed.

"Thank you," I said, getting my keys, "you ready to go?"

"Yeah."

We walked out of the house and Chasity pointed out that Blake was looking in my direction. I simply shrugged it off and got in the car so I could get this lovely day started.

******

"Chris, who is that guy that lives next to that crazy lady across the street from you?" Chasity asked.

"His name is Darnell, he's eighteen, and he's no good," I replied, "why?"

"He's sexy."

I looked away from my computer and looked at her like she was crazy. What is wrong with my little sister?

"Chas, why don't you like boys your own age?" I asked curiously.

"Because they're all ugly, man. They're literally all going through puberty right now, and it's not a good look."

I laughed at the disgusted look she was giving me, "there's a boy coming in here later; he's sixteen and he's cute."

"What's his name?"

"Kevin. And he plays baseball."

She gave me the same disgusted look from earlier and shook her head sitting back in the chair.

"I don't do white guys."

"For your information, you ignorant skank, he's black. And like I said, he's cute."

She laughed, "I'll see, Christina."

I smiled, and we walked out of my office. When I got in the lobby, I saw Blake standing at the desk talking to Nevaeh. This is not a place to just hang out; they need to take that shit somewhere else.

I shrugged it off and smiled when I saw Cykeem walk through the door. He & I got close after that photo shoot a couple months ago, and he's a good friend.

"Hey," I sang, walking up to hug him.

"Hey, baby girl."

He picked me up and spun me around a little, making a childish laugh escape my mouth.

What the hell was that?

"We're gonna go in my office for a minute," I said to Chasity, "behave."

"I can't make any promises," she grinned.

I shook my head and Cykeem laughed at her, then we went in my office.

~

Blake's POV||
Damn, Christina looks good today. When she walked out of the house, I know Chasity saw me looking at her but at this point, I don't even care. I decided to go see Nevaeh at the studio just so I could gawk at Chris.

I disinterestedly held a conversation with Nevaeh until Chasity & Christina walked out of her office. I bit my lip and held my head down a little to suppress my negative thoughts.

I noticed that she frowned a little when she saw me standing there and I won't lie, it hurt. She then walked up to this guy, and they were all hugged up on each other.

She used to hug me like that.

Christina said something to Chasity, then she and that guy went into her office.

"Are they...together?" I asked Nevaeh as soon as the door closed.

"I don't know," she said kinda standoffish, "why do you even care so much? You dumped her, remember?"

What the hell is wrong with her lately?

"What's your problem?" I asked her.

"She's jealous," Chasity chimed in, walking up to the desk.

I mentally rolled my eyes and braced myself for the shit I'm gonna hear from her today.

"Chasity, why do you like to kick people when they're down?" I asked, glancing at her.

"Because y'all deserve it," she said like it was obvious, "how many times do I have to say that?"

"Okay, Chas, we get it."

"You miss her?" she smirked, popping her gum.

"No," I lied again.

She looked down, and her eyes widened before she chuckled.

"You might not miss her, but it looks like your little friend does," she sang.

I looked down and sure enough, I was stiff as fuck. How the hell did I not feel that?

"Well, I guess since you don't miss her, y'all won't be getting back together. And in that case, she should date Cykeem. Then she can replace Nevaeh's fake ass with Arielle," Chasity said, filing her nails.

She so devious for a fourteen year old, and it's kinda scary.

"Chasity, I am so sick of you!" Nevaeh snapped, "all you do is sit around, calling people fake. You were all in my face last month, and now you're constantly talking shit; what does that make you?"

"First of all, bitch," Chasity chuckled, "don't make it seem like I was dying to talk to you last month. You were the one that approached me. Now if I were fake, I would talk about you behind your back and smile in your face; I don't do that. I talk shit behind your back and to your face."

"And what are you so bitter for?" Chasity continued, "is it because even after Blake dumped Chris, he still didn't want you?"

Oh shit.

Before Nevaeh could respond to Chasity's harsh comment, Christina & Cykeem walked out, and Chasity sat back down like nothing happened.

~

Christina's POV||
"So, what is Blake doing here?" Cykeem asked as we stood up to leave, "are y'all finally talking now?"

I furrowed my eyebrows amusedly and chuckled, "nah. I actually don't know why he's here."

We left the office, and Blake was still here. We walked up to the desk, where Nevaeh tried to get me to take a phone call. I asked her to take a message, and the bitch had the nerve to roll her eyes. I mean, if she doesn't wanna do her job, I could easily fire her ass.

"You know he keeps staring at you, right?" Cykeem said.

I had my back facing Blake, so I didn't know what the hell he was doing behind me.

"He's starin' at that ass real hard," he whispered, making me laugh, "you wanna make him jealous?"

I laughed again and shook my head at him, "as tempting as that sounds, I don't think it'll work. He made it very clear that he didn't want anything to do with me."

He frowned a little and pulled me in for a hug. He kissed my cheek, then his hands traveled down my back until he was groping my ass.

Why do guys keep doing that?!

"Cykeem."

"Yes?"

"Move your hands."

"Oh, right."

I chuckled as he moved his hands and pulled away from the hug. I walked him out, he kissed my forehead, and I went back inside once he was gone. I noticed that my ex hasn't left yet, and I can't help but wonder why he's here. I mean, he's the one that said he wanted nothing to do with me, yet he's in my studio acting like he's talking to Nevaeh. So...what does he want?

___________________________________________________________

PSA: I love Chasity.