51 // a baby?

Christina's POV||

Looking down at the positive pregnancy test, I rolled my eyes and threw it down on the counter. I looked at it one more time to make sure it was positive, then threw it in the trash.

I washed my hands and went back in the kitchen with Gail, who was pacing back and forth.

"Well?"

"It was positive," I mumbled.

"Yes!" she cheered, "wait until I tell everyone!"

She started to rush out of the kitchen, but I moved as fast as I could and stepped in front of her.

"You can't tell anyone."

"Why not?" she frowned.

I ran a hand through my hair and trotted back over to the island to sit down.

"You know how I feel about kids," I said, "and what if it was a false positive? Or what if I lose this one too?"

Gail furrowed her eyebrows and sat on the stool next to me. "What do you mean 'too?'"

"Blake didn't tell you?"

She shook her head, "tell me what?"

I sighed, "apparently, I was pregnant but when I was in New York, the doctor told me I lost the baby."

Gail wrapped me up in a tight hug, probably thinking I was upset. I know I was upset originally but now, not so much. All this mess with Staci made me realize that I do not need or want a baby. But now, of course, I might be pregnant. Fantastic.

"Well what are you going to do?" Gail asked.

"I guess schedule a doctor's appointment to be sure."

She nodded as her leg bounced up and down anxiously. I looked in her face, and she looked like she was about to explode. She wants to tell someone so bad.

"You wanna tell someone, don't you?" I asked.

"Yes!" she beamed, "can I at least tell Tommy? He already knows."

I smiled and sighed, "sure."

We went back to the living room, and she whispered something to Tommy. He looked at me, and I smiled lightly & shrugged.

"Is everything alright?" Blake asked.

"Ye-"

I suddenly had the urge to throw up, so I jumped off Blake's lap and hauled ass to the bathroom. I flushed the toilet, then brushed my teeth.

"Why are you punishing me?" I asked, looking up at the ceiling.

As if God himself was answering my question, Blake knocked on the door. I looked back up at the ceiling and mumbled "thanks" before opening the door for him.

"Are you okay?" he asked, "Mom said you had something to tell me."

Thanks, Gail.

"Actually no...I'm not okay."

He already knows, so I might as well tell him.

"What's wrong?"

I took a really deep breath, let it out and leaned against the counter. "Look in the trash."

Without questioning anything, he raised his eyebrow and looked in the trash can. I watched a small smile creep up on his face, and I rolled my eyes.

"You're pregnant?" he asked, placing his hands on my waist.

"I guess."

He picked me up and hugged me, and I just let him. I've never seen him this happy, and it's sad that I don't feel the same.

"You don't look so happy," he said, setting me down.

"Blake, what did we just talk about earlier?"

His smile faded, and I just felt bad. He's so excited that I might be carrying his child, and I'm over here acting like it's the end of the world.

"Maybe this is a sign," he said, breaking the very uncomfortable silence.

"Blake, please don't say things like that."

"Why are you acting like this is the worst possible thing that could happen to you?"

"Because, right now, it is!" I answered honestly, "it's easy for you to be happy about this because you don't have to carry it or gain weight or miss work. There are still things I wanna do, and I can't do them if I have a baby."

I hadn't even noticed I was crying until Blake wiped my tears.

"So you're thinking about an abortion?" he asked quietly.

I kept my head down to avoid eye contact with him, "we'll cross that bridge when we get there. First, I have to schedule a doctor's appointment to see if I'm really pregnant."

He nodded, "I'm going with you."

"Blake, n-"

"I'm going with you," he said sternly.

With that being said, he walked out of the bathroom, leaving me with my thoughts.

________________________

is she really pregnant??