Like when did she even get here?

Ninja...

"You having lunch with Maggie?" she asked, looking around like she was paranoid.

"Um, yeah she said none of you guys wanted Chinese so...I mean you're welcome to join us." I motioned to the table.

Now she's got me looking around too!

I bet this looks like a drug deal.

But no one's staring.

Why is nobody staring?

I would stare at a drug deal...

"We don't. And no thanks. I just wanted to talk to you." Catherine said, all business in her voice.

Oh goodness.

She's gonna take me for a drive.

You know, a 'little drive'.

The ones you don't come back from...

"Yeah, sure, what's up?" I don't know why I'm so scared of her.

I'm a scrapper!

I can handle this bitch!

Yet some how my palms are still sweating and my mouth is dry.

"Listen, I know you've got this girlfriend and all, but just be careful about Maggie. She doesn't deserve to be hurt and if you have feelings for her, not saying you do, don't play around with her. She's not any ones back door woman." Catherine leaned across the table, keeping her voice hushed.

Wow.

She was way off.

"What? No, what made you think I liked her like that?" okay, I sound a bit to defensive right now. Not sure why.

"You're always asking her what kind of girls she's in to. Plus, you always seem to have a way of ending up by yourself with her." Catherine explained.

"No, you totally misunderstood. I'm trying to set Maggie up. The other night, she said she did'nt deserve love, or something like that. I'm trying to show her she can have it if she just ventures out. That's what I'm pushing her to do." I tried to shine some light on the situation.

"I don't know what you're up to. All i know is that Maggie is my good, good friend. She doesn't venture out often," she put air quotes around venture out, "and I would'nt hesitate to hurt anyone who hurt her." she finished.

Hand, stop shaking!

I command you!

You're making me look guilty.

I glimpsed Maggie stepping through the door at the same time Catherine did.

"Well, gotta run. Just keep in mind what I said. Also remember, I've got nothing against you Kate, I actually think you're pretty cool. Just be careful, I'd hate to have to hurt you." Cat said, and with that, she darted away from our booth and farther in to the back of the restaurant.

"Hey." Maggie sat down a few seconds later, oblivious that Catherine had ever been here.

"Hey." I decided there was no way in hell I was telling her.

"So listen," damn what is it with people and giving me speeches today? "I just wanted to apologize for snapping at you yesterday. Dating is just, it's hard for me. I guess I'm afraid of getting too attached to some one and having the whole Anne situation all over again. Because if changing schools is the only thing to pull me out of that, I can't even...I just love it so much here ya' know? The girls are, they're everything." Maggie explained and I could tell she was completely heart felt.