Chapter 14 A Friend in Need

It was late at night as Team RWBY was heading back to their dorm to get ready for bed. When they entered their dark room, they saw Y/n in his pajamas, laying on Blake's bed and reading a book with a flashlight.

Ruby: "Hey Y/n, time to get ready for bed."

Y/n didn't acknowledge them, like he was entranced in the book.

Yang: "Yoohoo! Little bro!?"

Y/n again kept his focus in the book as the four girls grew concerned.

Weiss: "What is he reading?"

(Literally Y/n at this moment)

Blake used her night vision to see in the near pitch black room

Blake used her night vision to see in the near pitch black room. She could just make out the cover of the book her was reading and panicked.

Blake: "EEK!!"

Blake ran to him and snatched the book out of hand, pulling him out of his trance.

Y/n: "Hey! It was just getting good!"

Blake: "You're too young of this book. Understand?"

Y/n: "But-"

Blake: "NO BUTS! Understand!?"

Weiss: "Whoa, Blake calm down, you're scarring him!"

Blake looked back at her team who was shocked by her over-protectiveness and looked back at Y/n who had a fearful expression on his face. She hugged him, and softened her tone.

Blake: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell."

Y/n: *hugging back* "It's okay...I understand."

Yang: "Say. what was he reading?"

Blake's eyes shot open, covered Y/n mouth and quickly looked back at the team.

Blake: "Nothing!"

Ruby: *raising a finger in question* "Uh...."

Blake: *strictly* "Good night!"

The other girls decided to let it go, change into their Pajamas and go to sleep.

(Time skip)

Woman's scream in nightmare: 'Y/N STAY WITH US Y/N!!'

Y/n woke up panting in the middle of the night and he was still in Blake's bed with her arm wrapped around him. He looked outside and thought about who called his name. But soon he see a shadowy figure leaning over a balcony. He snuck out of bed and exited the room to go check it out.

Y/n arrived at the balcony where he saw the figure. He peaked around the corner and saw that it was Jaune leaning over the balcony, looking depressed. Y/n walked out behind from behind the corner and approached Jaune.

Y/n: "Hey Jaune."

Jaune jumped in surprise but quickly calmed down when he saw Y/n. 

Jaune: "Oh, hey Y/n."