Chapter 13

"You did what?" I screeched.

"Lydia don't seem so surprised, honestly what did you expect?" Marcus scoffed.

"Marcus you can't just go hurting people left and right!" I couldn't believe they actually did something to Damon.

"Lydia relax, it's not a big deal," He said rolling his eyes, "We just roughed him up a little, nothing that would leave a mark."

"Not a big deal? Are you kidding me Marcus, what if I went and beat up every girlfriend you ever have?" I said, regretting the words that came out of my mouth. I quickly tried to blurt something else to distract him.

"You had no right-" I began.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" He said becoming deathly still.

"That you had no right-" I said timidly, frightened by his harsh eyes and flaring nostrils.

"Students! What are we doing outside?" Our assistant principal came out of nowhere.

"Nothing Mrs.Walcott," I smiled sweetly, of course she knew something was wrong, but thankfully she liked me enough to leave us alone. I had never gotten in trouble with her so I knew she would leave us alone. It must have been a sight nonetheless, my brother standing angrily in front of Lexi and a tear-streaked me.

"Get back to class," She said, eyes softening when she saw me, and walked off, but not before giving Marcus a dirty look.

"Don't play dumb with me Lydia, you compared yourself to me and Lacey," He said slowly once she had left.

"So what if I did?" I was hoping he would drop it but it was clear he wasn't going to.

"First of all you are a child, I am and adult. Lydia, you didn't actually like the guy, did you? He's a goddamn sleazeball," Marcus said getting angry.

"Marcus I told you before and I will tell you now nothing happened, we just texted a few times," I tried blurting anything to stop his anger but my mouth and and brain didn't seem to want to cooperate. His eyes popped out of his head.

"You were talking to that guy? Lydia Isabella Tonelli tell me you were not talking to that guy. I just thought he was harassing you," Marcus began breathing heavily, "I should of broke his jaw when I had the chance!"

"Marcus calm down!" His friends grabbed him and tried calming him down. Lexi grabbed me and pulled me next to her out of Marcus' reach.

"She's my fucking sister!" He was beyond angry now, I wanted to go and calm him down but Lexi held a firm grasp around my waist. I wasn't struggling but she knew I would try to if I had the chance.

"Marcus nothing happened I swear we were just texting, nothing ever happened!" I became defensive because I knew things were going to go south fast.

"How can I believe anything that comes out of your mouth, you fucking lied to me Lydia! How could you lie to my face like that?" He yelled at me.

"I didn't lie! I just didn't say anything because I didn't think it was a big deal," I felt guilty but I knew he was overreacting.

"Lydia he is a guy, to him it is a big deal when he thinks he can get into your pants!" He yelled and pushed off his friends, they let him go but hovered near. I don't know whether they were protecting me or Damon from his anger.

That pissed me off, he was my brother he should know I would never do that. I snapped and got in his face.

"He was never going to get into my pants!" I yelled. He stepped forward and I shrunk back, he was my BIG brother, no matter how angry I got he could always overpower me.