"She looks young." he said, guessing by her size.

"Most of them are university students." the captain said and Luke turned away.

"Well, listen, about what I came for." Luke said and the captain nodded.

"I heard about the situation, You've got a month. I can't do any better." he said.

"I don't think I'll need more." Luke said. "I expect we're talking the usual."

Luke tossed an envelope onto the Captain's desk and he nodded.

"It's always a pleasure doing business with you." He replied.

"There is one more thing." Luke said.

"What do you need?" the captain said.

"I need the name of a man." Luke said. "One who's been causing some problems for some new friends of mine."

"what friends?" the captain said.

"You know Romy Reid? She's Michael Reid's girl." Luke said.

"Of course. I didn't realize you knew Michael that well." the captain said.

"Not the way I know you. They're nice people and I want to make sure no one bothers them." Luke said. The captain sighed.

"Yeah, his name Paul Harrow. He left town last year, had some problems with Romy Reid. He said, she said... didn't have enough for a restraining order and like I told her father last week, I don't have enough now." the captain said.

"I'll take care of that." Luke said.

"He's not a bad guy, Paul. It's that Romy- she a real tease I hear." The captain said and Luke frowned.

"Well, whatever the case, the lady doesn't want him around. And no worries, we won't cause problems, only fix them if they come up." Luke said.

"You know, it's funny you should mention the Reids." The captain replied.

"Why?" Luke asked and the captain signaled to the window.

"Because it's her baby sister, Maru that causes me so many headaches." he replied. Luke raised his brow and walked over to the window.

Then he saw her, standing just a few feet away from Maru and settled next to Lena, helping her hold a sign.

"Damn it, Echo." he muttered beneath his breath and stormed out.

---

"She's good. " Echo said, listening as Maru spoke. It was true, she spoke very passionately and used a calm, clear voice.

"She really is." Lena replied. "And she's always willing to take the lead on everything. You know she has another committee lined up for animal rights?"

"I know, I saw the signs." Echo said referring to the student activity boards at the student union. She glanced over her shoulder. Behind her, perched on a chair she had brought with her, was Jessica, one of Maru's oldest friends. They were such different people. Maru was an impassioned woman, always fighting for what she believed in and working hard to accomplish her goals. Jessica, on the other hand, did nothing. Like literally. After high school, Jessica just spent all her time at home- she didn't work, she didn't go to school, she didn't even have opinions about anything. Seriously, you could ask her and she would just agree with whatever anyone said, even if she contradicted herself. She also had no friends outside of Maru and Lena, and any time she was invited out, she spent the entire time quiet and being almost rude. They had nothing in common at all and now, as Maru gave a speech, she didn't even seem to be listening. Echo wondered why Maru would consider Jessica her best friend. She just didn't understand it.