I moved further into the kitchen hugging him from behind.

"Okay," I squeezed his back. "I love you, Terry, I'll be back in a few,"

"I love ya' too," He responded.

I took my keys from my purse and walked out the front door and moved to my rental. I got to the car and unlocked the doors getting inside the vehicle, putting my things in the passenger seat, and buckled up before inserting the keys into the ignition and before pulling away from the house, I put the entertainment law firm's address into the GPS.

The car was silent except for the GPS explaining the directions. I stopped at the red light and tapped my fingers onto the steering wheel hearing my cellphone ring as I looked down and smiled seeing Malik's name flashing on the screen. I pressed the button on my steering wheel as his voice sounded off into the car.

"Good morning sunshine, are you busy today?" He instantly asked.

"Morning Malik, and yeah, I'm running a few errands today,"

"Hope you're free for the afternoon, I got something planned for the both of us," He confirmed. "And I'm not taking no for an answer."

Energy.

"I might be, I'll let you know when I'm free," I giggled, feeling like a schoolgirl. "Uh, I gotta' go, baby, um...I'll just talk to you later,"

I quickly hung up the phone without letting him respond. My heart started to race so fast as I couldn't believe that I let that slide in so fast. I was falling way too deep into whatever we had and it scared me completely.

Once the light turned green I began to drive again and allowed the GPS to direct me to the location. It didn't take long to reach the law firm as it took eight minutes to get there and I had to talk myself into calming down so that I will not overreact in the meeting.

I also ignored the text message that Malik sent me because I didn't want to read about him telling me that I didn't have to feel embarrassed. After all, it would make me feel even more embarrassed about it. Putting my cellphone on silent, I stepped out of the car and shut the door as I then walked towards the skyscraper building's front glass door and entered the building.

The smell of coffee was the first thing that I noticed about the law firm and the many peoples of color that were chatting in the main lobby. The sound of my nude ankle strap heels click-clacked against the Carrara polished porcelain tile as I walked to the receptionist's mocha laminate desk, who was behind the desk typing on the computer.

"Yes?" The receptionist looked from the computer, giving me a friendly smile.

"Hi, here for a meeting with Mr. Jaquan Chandler,"

"Name, please?" The receptionist glanced at the computer.

"Breanna Davidson,"

"Breanna Davidson," She repeated, typing it into the computer. "Okay. You're scheduled for a ten-thirty meeting with Jaquan Chandler. I'll call him to let him know that you're here."

"Thank you, Kelsey," I told her, walking over to the waiting area, taking a seat in the cushioned chair then I picked up a magazine to bypass the time.

It took a couple of minutes of waiting as I was flipping through the few magazines that grabbed my attention and I was so into it that I didn't hear anything until a voice and a shadow of a person drew closer to me.

"Breanna Davidson?" A person with a deep voice called.

I looked up seeing a tall black man with a brown skin complexion, dark brown round eyes, a broad nose, full lips, and curly, black hair with neat facial hair.

Dynasty Fulfilledजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें